Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have any time behind a Center Point Scope ? Picked up one today seems solid en ought clams it will take the pounding of a .416 Rigby. I got the 3x9x32 so it would fit on my see thru mounts on my Rem 700 30/06. It has the illuminated red/green mil dot cross hair. Hope to get to the range this afternoon or in the morning (got to finish putting some running lights on the Harley first).

www.centerpointoptics.com

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I made it to the range today, steady rain and 52 degrees (for here thats cold). My Remington 700 in 30/06 has had about 75 rounds through it. Trigger is still stiff. But I am rather pleased with it and this new scope. Shot about 25 rounds in the rain today scope did well and stayed on it's zero. Took 6 rounds to get it where I wanted. Then I shot a few fun groups with some old hand loaded ammo.
this is a 3 inch yellow pasty target some one else had used I picked up. the two round group in the center was at 105 yards through the rain drops. Ammo was some old hand loads Sierra 168 gr boat tail HP match. Then I moved to the second floor of the 200 yard tower made a 4 click elevation change since I did not have my spotting scope with me I made no changes to windage. The round at one O'Clock was where I aimed at the top of the yellow pasty, the two rounds at the 3 O'Clock ( showing a 6) were held as close to center as I could with a 3X9 scope at 200 yards elevated shooting position. I think I can make a decent sniper rifle out of this Rem 700. This is straight out of the box. When I get it broke in I'll do a little trigger work cause it is stiff and I'll glass bed it.
The scope and Bipod both came from Wal Mart at a price of about $100 for both items together.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also got to shoot some silhouette pepper poppers on the move with my Taurus PT 145 Millennium Pro. I am very impressed with this small low priced 45 and it will be one of my carry weapons.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts