Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
You know, designer salt is not near the top of my list of things to stock up on - heck, it's not even on my list...and claims of 'Celtic sea salt' having 'live enzymes' can be matched by any of the salts described here, which include crud from the people who swim in or near the salt pans, wildlife including birds who probably 'contribute' to the salt occasionally, and other less-tasty-sounding versions.

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
True, but exaggerated. I and my family and many others that I know use sea salt exclusively and have for years. Mediterranean, North American and others. No illness as a result.

Any sea food (fish, sea salt, etc.) will have the items mentioned by the poster below. Think about it, fish poop in the sea and eat one another, yet we eat seafood.

You would be amazed if you researched it what "foreign objects" are allowed in any of our food: mouse and rat droppings in grain, bits of animal bone in meat products, etc. It is all spelled out in EU and U.S. Department of Agriculture published standards.

The health advantages of sea salt I believe far outweigh any disadvantages.

A large spectrum of healthy minerals not found in table salt (mined from below ground).

It takes less sea salt to satisfy your craving for salt on your food because it is so much more intense in salty flavour than table salt. The net result is you use less salt overall and thus reduce threat of hypertension (high blood pressure), etc.

So do your own research and come to your own conclusions. Don't let one person's bias scare you away from the benefits of sea salt.

You know, designer salt is not near the top of my list of things to stock up on - heck, it's not even on my list...and claims of 'Celtic sea salt' having 'live enzymes' can be matched by any of the salts described here, which include crud from the people who swim in or near the salt pans, wildlife including birds who probably 'contribute' to the salt occasionally, and other less-tasty-sounding versions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts