Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm am compleatly perplexed by the lack of decent cell phones on the market! i dont want a fancy shmancy pock computer, just somting small, light, and durable/reliable.

I currently have a razor with Alltel, but it sucks so here in the next year or so i'm goin to save to get a new one. any suggestions?

I'm not looking for a compleatly bomb proof phone that i can go diving with...although that would be nice.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I too am in the market for a new phone, right now I'm looking at the Sanyo 7050

if you have the money you could get something like
the Sonim xp1

they aren't small or cheap but they are rugged
the Sanyo "Adheres to military standard 810F requirements to withstand dust, shock and vibration " and has gps.
and there are videos of the Sonim being stepped on by an elephant, tapped to a firework and blasted off, run over by many vehicles, and even shot at (note: it isn't bullet-proof).

also note that the sanyo is a dual-band phone so it might not work well in all areas

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I have the Motorola V195 have had it since it came out and it has went thru quite a bit just dry it out and has still worked more than once worked out well for me

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have the Casio Boulder thru Verizon. shock proof, water proof, and dust proof. Good phone. kinda hard to hear if earpiece volume is turned all the way up but, manageable. battery life on phone is ok.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts