Survivalist Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So two days ago I was giving my wife's friend a ride home from a hospital. He is a big boy 6'7 280 pounds. He sat in the passenger seat while my wife and 3yo sat in the back. We stopped by my house then went to take him home. We were stopped at the exit gate of my community when he flipped out and started punching and biting me. My right arm was pinned at my side my left hand I was using to shield my face. I started to draw my pistol and yelling stop or I will shoot you. He then tried to get my gun. I managed to get the door open and exit the vehicle. I commanded him to get out of the car. Then he took off but stopped about 25 yards and turned around. I commanded him to stop. He started towards me I managed to get him to stop with my command voice. I went through my training and made him turn around. Put his hands on his head and drop to his knees. I held him there for 15 minutes till the police arrived. Got detained for five minutes or so till they could get him in custody. There was an issue with my ccw so they took my gun. I am pretty sure that I won't get charged with anything I got a lawyer on retainer just in case. I get a call back in a few days. Let me tell you holding a 1911 up for 15 minutes was a freaking work out. I suffered a black eye , dislocated jaw(popped back in when I was yelling) bruised ribs, bite to the hand, scratches. A bunch of lumps on my head. But you know what they say sometimes you have to take a punch or 12

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What caused him to go crazy and why is your wife hanging out with such people? I sure as hell wouldn't want my wife around anyone like that, especially if there was a chance she would have my kid around them.

What was the issue with your CCW?

Tex
She just knew him from the hospital, and he apparently has severe mental issues and my wife is a retard.
Pennsylvania changed the law here. My Florida was good but because I am newly a pa resident it's not they had a law about having 90 days where it would be good anyway upon moving. But they changed it. I actually have a pa ccw coming in on Monday. But it doesn't seem like the leo is going to pursue it. At least I hope not because then my clearance will be gone and my career will be over.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well done, had you pulled the trigger you may be in jail right now and for a very long time
Actually the self defense was justified. Due to him being over a foot taller and over a 100 pounds heavier. I had self times where the stand your ground would have justified. But I don't kill for no reason as long as I felt I could regain control.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Only the cops get away with shooting mental defectives like this, You, however would be in jail. This is a good example of how a person, trying to do something nice, potentially gets screwed because of it.
It is also an example of the failure of our mental health care system. When they closed the looney bins for financial reasons, they used the "mainstreaming" excuse to do so, thus foisting these dangerous individuals upon society.
Where I live the E.R. usually has at least two or three of these non functional people just taking up beds, sometimes for weeks at a time, because there is no place to place them. It's an absolutely stupid way to deal with the ever increasing number of these individuals who don't belong or cannot function safely in society.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I would think since your wife and child were also in the car and he could have easily attacked them. He had already shown himself as a threat cable of killing or causing great harm. I would think shooting him would have been justified, his mental state really shouldn't be an issue. In my state law is if they have the ability, opportunity and intent to kill or cause great harm you can use deadly force. I would think he displayed them all without question. Not sure what is the requirement in the OPs state.

Who knows? Good to hear things worked out.

·
Renaissance Man
7,503 Posts
Only the cops get away with shooting mental defectives like this, You, however would be in jail.
From my quick internet search of PA's self defense laws, I'm not sure you would be right. PA has no duty to retreat and allows lethal defense if you're afraid for your life or serious bodily injury.

I'm not a lawyer, and I don't even live in PA, so I may not know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, op; glad you're ok.

Az

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My lawyer and the officer said it was clean self defense even if I had shot him in the car. The only issue is that they no longer have full repricocity with fl though they had a transition time period. Though the wording of the repricocity and the intent was to stop people who were disqualified in pa from using an fl ccw. Since I have been approved for a pa and just waiting on its issue I should be good I go get it on Monday. I haven't had any charges filed. .. yet

·
Learning
6,703 Posts
I'd be afraid to shoot in the car unless I actually thought I was about to die...with the wife and kid in there especially. Bullets ricochet and do weird things.

I think you did the best thing with the circumstances. Hopefully there will not be any charges.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd be afraid to shoot in the car unless I actually thought I was about to die...with the wife and kid in there especially. Bullets ricochet and do weird things.

I think you did the best thing with the circumstances. Hopefully there will not be any charges.
I am glad I manage to get out. If I had stayed I would have been beaten to death or would have to had endangered my family by firing in a car.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What lessons did you learn?

What lessons did your wife learn?
I learnt that hours of training and preparing and experience allowed me to prevail. And that ccw laws can literally change from month to month Oh and my wife is an idiot.
She learnt that assuming every one is a potential threat isn't a bad thing and that she makes bad decisions and is situationally retarded.

·
Survivor
16,570 Posts
Glad you're alright, nice job. I injured my right arm about 7-8 months ago and I have been wearing 1.5 pound wrist weights to help strengthen my arm/s and it is helping a lot. Went out shooting last weekend and could hold my sighting much steadier and longer. Our son in LE says he's going to try it also because he has found, like you did, that holding a gun for extended periods of time is a real pain and he has to do it on almost a daily basis.

·
Registered
626 Posts
First, I am glad to hear you and yours are safe.

Second, I would strongly advise against saying anything further about the situation until you have spoken with your attorney about it and the local prosecutor has said they aren't going to press charges. Anything you say can and will be brought up and twisted against you in a court of law. So don't talk about it until you know that you know the legal danger has passed.

Just my 2 cents

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.