Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Garbage Collector
11,363 Posts
They can't tell me no, I am required to be armed by my job 24/7 and to respond to crimes committed in my presence even if I am not in uniform.

But being here in Texas there are very few places that even post the 30.06 prohibition signs for CHL Holders, so even Joe Sixpack can carry most everywhere too.

Stupid decision based on a knee jerk reaction.

·
Garbage Collector
11,363 Posts
It may not been their choice (I have no idea): some insurance companies might insist on it.

Insurance companies that will have to pay through the nose if someone gets shot during a robbery and could have possibly stopped the crime if it weren't for an asinine policy.

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
Insurance companies that will have to pay through the nose if someone gets shot during a robbery and could have possibly stopped the crime if it weren't for an asinine policy.
I can't wait to see what happens, as more places put up these no-firearms notifications, should the cases you mention actually come to court.

Also, if these places don't have adequate parking security, and firearms get stolen from the car (in compliance with the no-firearms policy), people should also vigorously sue these companies for damages in loss of property and damage to car, etc.

Companies may or may not care about the 2ndAmendment or people pledging not to shop there, but they will reassess policies if they actually have enough judgments against them, and lose huge chunks of money because of those policies.

·
Time to melt snowflakes!
30,160 Posts
I have never seen a sign saying no guns at any of the HFT stores I have shopped at. If they don't post a sign it's legal to carry. I always look for such signs before going in.
The ones near me have NO SIGNS at all stating this. It tends to be bad for business in KY, especially near a few gun stores.

·
Garbage Collector
11,363 Posts
Here is the thing, they can ask you to leave, if you refuse you can be arrested for criminal trespass, which is enhanced if you have a firearm.

Now the only advantage I have over average citizen, is that I cannot be arrested for the trespass, but my department will be mega ****ed if I act in a manner that brings discredit upon the agency. So if I were asked to leave I simply leave and then spread the word..................

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
16,767 Posts
I'm very fond of their Western Safety Wheelchair. Boy, that thing can take a beating.

The wool safety blankets, and I bought my husband a set of titanium drill bits for our anniversary some years back - he still has most of them.

If a Bad Guy showed up, I would just take a tool and beat him with it. [shrug] Problem solved.

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Was this an individual franchise, the or the national headquarters who made the facebook post?

Funny, the one near me is next to a gun store. I think they will be surprised how much this will hurt their business.
According to bigdaddy1 over at <opencarry.org>, it is a corporate policy.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?99919-Harbor-Freight-Tools-Respone

"Just for the record, I called the three locations in this area. West Allis, St. Francis and Racine all verified that it is corporate policy that no weapons are allowed in their locations...."

Guess that's one more store off the list for "non-tool disaster preps." :(

1 - 20 of 61 Posts