Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really do try to keep myself from going off the deep end into paranoia. Sometimes I actually succeed.:eek:: Last night I went out with friends and we started discussing things. One thing that came up was the Consequence Management Response Force or CBRNE. I, being the dense person that I am, didn't know anything about this so I went online this morning to check it out.

It is an elite military unit that will be deployed in the year 2009 here in the US to help police control...I guess us...in the case of man made or natural disasters.

http://www.northcom.mil/News/2007/030507.html

“We’re like the scouts,” Chesney said, referring to DCOs who work day-to-day in 10 regions across the United States. “We have situational awareness of what’s happening in each of the states that we’re responsible for and provide that federal assistance if and when needed.

“Typically, we support both man-made and disaster-operations defense support of civil authorities,” Chesney said. “We’re the piece that integrates all those federal assets that come out of the Department of Defense to provide those states that are in need.”

My first thought is why are they deploying troups in the US to support civil authorities. Isn't that what the National Guard is for? Why do we need an elite team of over 5000 people to do this? Me second thought is I'm a big supporter of the military, but I don't want to see them used here in the US, unless it is to defend the borders or in case of an attack by outside sources. My third thought goes to my being paranoid...What do they know that I don't know? Why suddenly are we getting something like this deployed inside US territories?

I would love someone to talk me down from this. I don't like the idea of the military being here to be used against us. Anyone have more info on this that will make me a little less scared of my own government? Thanks much.

Tury

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
and the 3rd regiment hasn't? The constitution has been shelved, if not shredded

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I would think that this would be in violation of Posse Comitatus, no?
It is! Congress reinstated Posse Comitatus but Bush put a signing statement on it. This means that although Congress wants it that way the President doesn't so he will ignore it. So in Bush's shriveled mind it does not exist and he will deploy troops when ever and where ever he wants or is told to do so.

To quote Bush himself: "The Constitution is nothing but a GD piece of paper"

I just wonder how much these soldiers are being paid.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
I understand using the reserves for combat and ok, the national guard in a pinch. But, let me get this straight...... our national guard troops are being sent overseas to fight a war while our active military are being posted in country. That just don't smell right to me. Futhermore, what the heck has training with tasers and riot gear got to do with helping in case of a natural disaster? Oh, yeah. That's just training and they aren't thinking of using it against citizens. Then why do the training? I didn't fall off a turnip truck and my mama didn't drop me on my head when I was a baby. I am sick of this two stepping and partial lies. I'd bet my patoody that they are wrapping themselves in justification "oh, we'll be there to help for a hurricane, earthquake, fire = whatever the fine citizens need us for......but their primary mission will be crowd control, riots and eventually extracting citizens from or of their property. I don't like this at all. Oh well, who you gonna call? The gobberment stopped caring what a citizen had to say a long time ago, we just weren't paying attention.

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,005 Posts
Nazi Germany all over again. I believe Both the Russians and Chinese will immediately attack if this rogue government turns on it own people. Remember Russia and China don't hate us, they hate our US command and will seize the opportunity as soon as the population is destabilized. They know for a fact our army will have no replacements if the population no longer trusts the govt. In the same time AWOLs will skyrocket, and the entire military will be weakened.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Nazi Germany all over again. I believe Both the Russians and Chinese will immediately attack if this rogue government turns on it own people. Remember Russia and China don't hate us, they hate our US command and will seize the opportunity as soon as the population is destabilized. They know for a fact our army will have no replacements if the population no longer trusts the govt. In the same time AWOLs will skyrocket, and the entire military will be weakened.
I agree with you and have thought about that same situation but I think as long as We the People stay armed we still pose a threat to any invading army.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.