Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Agent of Influence
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

I am a middle class professional from Britain who thinks our debt bloated, entitlement culture is heading for a serious reality shock.

We have an entire generation who believe that they aren't responsible for themselves or anyone else, who have been completely infantilised and that there will always be Nanny government there to bail them out of their own idiocies. This can't go on, hard times are ahead and i want to have some preparations so i am not caught totally off guard.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Welcome to the boards. Are there any similar sites in the UK ?
Have met a couple of Brits on other forums that are based in the U.S. and Australia.
.......................Alaskan

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Welcome to our community from Dallas. This is a good place for you to start. We don't have all the answers here. We do have community or friends. When you need help finding resources you will find people here willing to help you. Make friends here. WE have lotsof folks from across the pond here. Hope you find good friends here. Best wishes and start getting prepared now.

·
to listen
284 Posts
Welcome Watcher i know how you feel. Everybody is really helpful on this site you learn alot, and you also find out things that are going on around the world before our news tells us about it, if they tell us at all.
TG.England

·
Rifleman
1,600 Posts
Welcome. Sounds like you are here. My kids work and earn their way because that is the way they were raised. But you are right, the youth of today act as though someone owes them something just for taking up space. Growing up poor I found out at an early age if I wanted something I worked for it. Today kids go to their parents and grand parents for hand outs. YES, I think we are in trouble.

·
Agent of Influence
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the big welcome!

I know that the survivalist tactics across the pond are going to be different to those over in Blighty (we are MUCH more crowded together and only the criminals have guns :( ) but talking to like minded people who recognise the basic fragility of modern society is something i'm looking forward to.

·
Agent of Influence
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Growing up poor I found out at an early age if I wanted something I worked for it. Today kids go to their parents and grand parents for hand outs. YES, I think we are in trouble.
I know what you mean. Seeing how spoilt children are, automatically expecting things like laptops by right at the age of 12, thinking it is fine and normal to swear at teachers, and what is worse, this behaviour is all actively ENCOURAGED by their parents. People growing up to expect it all handed on a plate and then becoming outraged when their demands aren't instantly met.

It's a recipe for disaster, the rest of the world must be watching our descent into degeneracy with mixture of horror and satisfaction.

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
Hello everyone

I am a middle class professional from Britain who thinks our debt bloated, entitlement culture is heading for a serious reality shock.

We have an entire generation who believe that they aren't responsible for themselves or anyone else, who have been completely infantilised and that there will always be Nanny government there to bail them out of their own idiocies. This can't go on, hard times are ahead and i want to have some preparations so i am not caught totally off guard.
Sounds about right....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, England is quite different from my situation living in Texas in a pasture next to a dirt road. If things get bad in your part of the world, there will always be lots of people to deal with. But too much isolation can be bad. I didn't like living next to the Mexican border. Borders won't always be respected.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts