Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Dyin aint much of a livin
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am looking for very gullible people to join a group with complete strangers and go deep in the woods and build forts and camp. OH and we can grow stuff to eat, and shoot Sasquatch's for food. We can whittle for fun, and sing songs around a twig campfire........we'll have smores and mountain pies too. It'll be great; crops and hunting and fishing are so easy to do, and building permanent shelters is next to nothing hard or anything.

Gimme a break. Do you really believe that people are going to leave their daily lives to go into the woods and live off the grid with complete strangers because you post on a Survival forum? Having a local "Meet and Greet" is one thing, but asking people to do this is just insane. Especially coming from somebody who just joins the forum and in their second or third post is asking people to join a commune. Just a bit creepy.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
That reminds me of date I was on once, I like the outdoors and took this girl out into the forests in Virginia, we were way out in the forest and she starts getting really nervous, I asked if she was alright. She exclaims that she is out in the middle of nowhere with a guy she hardly knows... Guess as I guy I never really considered that train of thought. We still had a good hike and some good dates after that. I realised that for a woman to go out in the middle of nowhere with a guy is taking a very real risk for her, I had to change my dating habits a bit after that.

I would go out in the woods with just about anybody, a little harder finding people who want to go out there with me though.... lol

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
Shades of the 60's.
Just without the Sex, drugs and Rock and Roll.

Poppaluv, I'm sure they'll let you have all the bacon you want from the pig farm...:thumb:

Why doesn't it surprise me that this was started by a Califorian in another post. :headshake:

·
V
21,713 Posts
So, I am looking for very gullible people to join a group with complete strangers and go deep in the woods and build forts and camp. OH and we can grow stuff to eat, and shoot Sasquatch's for food. We can whittle for fun, and sing songs around a twig campfire........we'll have smores and mountain pies too. It'll be great; crops and hunting and fishing are so easy to do, and building permanent shelters is next to nothing hard or anything.

Gimme a break. Do you really believe that people are going to leave their daily lives to go into the woods and live off the grid with complete strangers because you post on a Survival forum? Having a local "Meet and Greet" is one thing, but asking people to do this is just insane. Especially coming from somebody who just joins the forum and in their second or third post is asking people to join a commune. Just a bit creepy.
So you aint comin then? Fair enough more marshmellows for the rest of us.

·
Father of 11 husband of 1
10,933 Posts

Is this what you are referring to? http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=180967

·
Registered
324 Posts
No robes. no Nikes. No I'll sit alone with my family, stuff, politics, and religion. I already contribute enough to the common greater good with my ####ing taxes. So I guess I won't be joining any of the "New Self Reliant Organizations".

·
Registered
928 Posts
sounds like my trip to canada,no offense, but i mean it in a good, no a great way,if possible,id move there in a heartbeat if the shtf

·
Dyin aint much of a livin
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 20 of 59 Posts