·
Sam Adams was right....
9,381 Posts
I want the newer, slimmer version.. the PAW-2000

Reactions: BOBtheBUTCHER

·
Registered
189 Posts
The Casio PAW2000 is a great watch, but not as accurate as the Timex WS4. I pesonally like the PAW2000 better becaus of the solar/atomic features, but for serious field use the WS4 beats it hands down for ABC accuracy (Altimeter lock for example which is not available on the Casio).

·
Sam Adams was right....
9,381 Posts
The Casio PAW2000 is a great watch, but not as accurate as the Timex WS4. I pesonally like the PAW2000 better becaus of the solar/atomic features, but for serious field use the WS4 beats it hands down for ABC accuracy (Altimeter lock for example which is not available on the Casio).
I wanna believe ya about the WS4, but here's a review on the TImex WS4 webpage. Man that thing is HUGE... lol

http://www.timex.com/Timex-WS4/dp/B002C13PVQ

Overall Rating: 2
Great Idea but still needs work October 30, 2009
By HomerJ from Vancouver, BC

Pros: great digital compass

Cons: Appearance, Performance, Size & weight, Uncomfortable, bad time keeping, poor performance of altimeter

"I am a big fan of Timex watches for their features, accuracy and value. I have been wearing them for years.

I was really excited when I ordered my WS4 because I loved all the features it offered. When it arrived I loved it despite the gargantuan size.

After a few weeks of use my love affair with the WS4 was over. Here are my issues:
- Too mammothly big on the wrist even for such a big burly guy as myself. It never felt comfortable.

- Kept lousy time. My current Timex Expedition and past Ironman watches were accurate to within 1 second every week or two. I calibrate my watches against an atomic time signal. My WS4 lost more than 1 second per day.

- Altimeter and barometer were inaccurate after air travel. I traveled to 3 different cities at elevations from sea level to 3500 ft asl. The altimeter and barometer are very easy to recalibrate but would not properly do so at 3500 ft even after several tries over several days. When I returned to sea level where I live it worked fine. This didn't happen when I flew to a destination of 1500 ft asl but the watch did require recalibration.

- The thermometer is as good as useless if you wear the watch as it measures your body temperature.

- With all that real estate (the big watch screen) the information on screen could be better laid out. (Timex - please lose the analog clock displayed digitally).

I loved the digital compass. I also loved the navigation prompts. This watch is very easy to use.

Ultimately, I decided it wasn't the watch for me and sold it quite easily."

Would you recommend this product to a friend?: No

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have the watch and have worn it for a year now. I have the one with the metal band. It is a little heavy but very durable. To get a good temp reading you have to take the watch off you arm. Otherwise it is a great watch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Google "PAW1300t 7v"

It's a lighter and slimmer version of the casio pathfinders. It comes with a titanium band too. I have one and love it!

·
Sam Adams was right....
9,381 Posts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts