Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I drink your milkshake!
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever buy from TAD Gear (Tripple Aught Design)

They have a sweet set of cargo's, their "Force 10's", but they are expensive. I'm wondering if anyone owns some, ahs ever bought from them, and has some opinions.

I am in the market for a really good set of cargo's / BDU's in OD, Coyote, or Kahki. No Cammo.

I have tried Propper and Tru-Spec BDU's, but I want something that is going to be more comfortable and more durable.

Thanks.

·
veldskoen no socks
2,715 Posts
All my combats(which i wear all the time) are light weight cotton(yes cotton has its fall downs) but they are comfy with large cargo pockets.
Khaki tan. Cant beat that.

·
Dances with Salmon
290 Posts
Anyone ever buy from TAD Gear (Tripple Aught Design)

They have a sweet set of cargo's, their "Force 10's", but they are expensive.
:eek:
Man you said a mouthful there.
They have some SWEET stuff but my-oh-my they are proud of their wares.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Try 5.11 Original Tactical Pants. I don't have any, but they've gotten popular in law enforcement, etc. They're cargo pants with a few modifications and usually run about $40.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I have 5.11's and true spec 24-7's. How in the world could you expect some pants to be tougher than 24-7's. The only thing on par with those are carharts. Even BDU's arnt that thick. I think if you found somthing thicker they would be too heavy. Especially if they get wet. Ever run in soaked BDU's...........True spec all the way.

·
"Always Be Prepared"
250 Posts
Ever try Faded Glory from Walmart?
Very comfortable and reasonable price and very tough.
Much better than my 5.11's, which IMHO are not so comfy.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Ever try Faded Glory from Walmart?
Very comfortable and reasonable price and very tough.
Much better than my 5.11's, which IMHO are not so comfy.
Its so funny that you say that. Last year I bought a pair and they were VERY comfortable.:thumb: I didnt like wearing them though because Im a damn gear snob and was forever consious that I was wearing "walmart". They are comfortable because they are 100% cotton. They take forever and a day to dry out if they get wet though. If your on a budget, "faded glory for sure" Got some loot to boot.."True Spec 24-7"

·
Registered
372 Posts
I was thinking of trying these out from cabellas. The picture of them in the catalog looks better then the little photo on the web site. But these look rugged enough to do the job, and wear out in the bush, with plenty of pockets, however still able to be worn in every day life without looking silly. The price isnt to bad either and you get free hemming if need be. I also like that they offer a size 35 which is often hard to find. Thats a bit lose on me, but I like a fairly lose waist band, helps alot on those days when your hot and sticky and doing alot of work to have some comfort there, especially with a belt on.

Aside from those I do use the summer time bdu's from time to time and I have some 5.11 pants which we got issues when I went thru the fire academy. Those arent bad at all, but I find them a bit expensive. Luckily I got 3 pair as is, but they arent really something to wear every day imo.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I just picked up a pair of Levis cargo pants. Twill.
Very comfortable but I lust for Fjällräven trousers. Can't find them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts