Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Making a Plan
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i didn't know what section to put this post. i was cruising through walmart and bought a few needed survival supplies when i hit up the automotive section for inspiration. i found a 90 some piece kit to put in your car or in my case, a truck, that is everything you might need in the case of an emergency. first aid kit. flashlight with signal cone, reflector triangle, glowstick, air compressor, jumper cables, tow rope, blah blah so on lots of neat stuff for only like 30 bucks.it was a truely good buy in my opinion. so i get it home and i am immediately wondering if i should just stick it in the tool box or drag it inside and check it out. my curiousity got the best of me. and believe me..it was a good thing i am curious by nature.

this thing was in lock down mode. everything, i mean everything was packaged and hard to get to. they zip tied everything to the point where they zip tied the zip ties. good thing i carry a knife. it took me a half an hour to get everything to a point where is was somewhat more aceessable. they even zip tied the damn zippers closed. the batteries were in a plasic wrap and not in the flash light.

things i added to the kit. a 1 gallon gas tank, a siphon, deice jug

moral of the story, know your gear, check it all over, and then improve on it so you can be more prepared. if be prepared is the boy scout motto then being more prepared then a boy scout should be everyone elses motto.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
what, no mig welder to affix armor plate? ;) seriously- thats pretty cool there

·
Haha
3,407 Posts
i didn't know what section to put this post. i was cruising through walmart and bought a few needed survival supplies when i hit up the automotive section for inspiration. i found a 90 some piece kit to put in your car or in my case, a truck, that is everything you might need in the case of an emergency. first aid kit. flashlight with signal cone, reflector triangle, glowstick, air compressor, jumper cables, tow rope, blah blah so on lots of neat stuff for only like 30 bucks.it was a truely good buy in my opinion. so i get it home and i am immediately wondering if i should just stick it in the tool box or drag it inside and check it out. my curiousity got the best of me. and believe me..it was a good thing i am curious by nature.

this thing was in lock down mode. everything, i mean everything was packaged and hard to get to. they zip tied everything to the point where they zip tied the zip ties. good thing i carry a knife. it took me a half an hour to get everything to a point where is was somewhat more aceessable. they even zip tied the damn zippers closed. the batteries were in a plasic wrap and not in the flash light.
Was that the red bag with the small removable pouch with the first aid kit in it? If it was I found the same thing on clearence at my Wal-Mart for $10. I didn't know so much was in it until I opened it up at home and was stoked to see everything in there including a little socket wrench kit and a small tire inflator. When I went back to buy some more they were all gone!

Great kit if anyone runs across it.

-Cade

1 - 3 of 3 Posts