Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I'd be thinking hope I don't break a hip. 3g for a couple minutes.
Space is not that high. 62 miles. Take a map and look at the key to see how far 62 miles is, then orient that straight up. That's how far space is.

·
Registered
763 Posts
What about the huge amount of carbon that flying blowtorch dumped into the atmosphere? From this point forward, space craft and rocket engines should be electric.
Darn right. Electric elevators have been around since 1880. A proven non-polluting technology. Why aren't we using them?

This message brought to you by the Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez School of Engineering and Mixology.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Darn right. Electric elevators have been around since 1880. A proven non-polluting technology. Why aren't we using them?

This message brought to you by the Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez School of Engineering and Mixology.
Space elevator is a serious concept that we lack the materials science for.
AOC isn't a serious concept at all. Except that she's seriously dangerous in her ignorance.

·
KOAD; FOAD; ESAD
10,661 Posts
In the Old Mans War series they shoot one down…falls in Africa..

·
Registered
81 Posts
"To infinity and beyond",,, oops sorry, wrong movie....

"Space the final frontier" ... yes right movie

I guess the new quote will be..."I have arrived"

Anone want to guess what his famous new quote will be or at least suitable?

·
I Seen A Sighting!
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I watched and listened to him after he got out of the pod, capsule, whatever it is.... and I sat there and blubbered, just listening to him, you could tell it was a very, very profound experience for him. Don't know why I'm so happy for him, but I am. I don't know if I would be brave enough to do what he did, he has my admiration!

·
I am interrogative, yes.
2,057 Posts
I hope I'm ambulatory and can move up and down stairs the way he did when I'm 90. His fingers looked really clubbed, though, isn't that a sign of heart disease?

·
Retired curmudgeon
20,672 Posts
I've been a Star Trek fan since the very beginning. The original TV series was very corny by today's standards but that was the show which started it all. I liked the Shatner movies a lot more than the TV series and the Next Generation more as well. The latest iteration with all the youngsters is pretty good too, but they got the "Bones" thing all wrong. "Bones" is short for saw-bones which is slang for doctor.

I don't begrudge Shatner a thing with his trip into space. He and the rest of the Star Trek cast have provided hours of entertainment for millions of people. He looks darn good for being 90 years old although he ought to lose some weight.

I watched the launch from beginning to end. That capsule hit the ground at around 14 mph. It couldn't have been pleasant.

Here's Patrick Stewart for comparison at 81 this year.

His wife is 42.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
This was the coolest thing ever. Watched the original Star Trek when it was the best thing on TV. I love that Shatner doesn't take himself too seriously and has fun with it all. However, I am profoundly jealous. I wanted to go to Mars. That should've happened. We should have been there twenty years ago, at the very least. Why did we give up on that dream (don't answer, that's a rhetorical question but I still want to smack people.)

21 - 39 of 39 Posts