Survivalist Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 20 oz of silver and I cannot find a buyer. I don't get it. I hate pawn shops and coin dealers are snobs.
Precious metals are a joke,might as well be nuclear waste.
St Cloud Mn.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Don't waste your time with PM's ,if it's this hard to offload now then who would want the stuff if things went sideways? Dead useless weight is what it is.
Tell that to people who lived through the Argentine economic collapse or the Balkan wars. People who thought they were prepared, and had been asked later what one item they wished they had on hand during shtf. The number one answer was silver coins.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I have 20 oz of silver and I cannot find a buyer. I don't get it. I hate pawn shops and coin dealers are snobs.
St Cloud Mn.
Details missing, what exactly was the silver you were trying to sell? ASEs, or some well known product or was it a backyard pour.
PM is not a good investment, has a cost of holding, does not generate cashflow etc.. its just supposed to be used as a hedge/insurance.

for max liquidity and returns you buy SPY ETF and you get dividends, price appreciation, you can sell covered calls to generate income, you can insure against loss via puts etc..

·
Live Secret, Live Happy
16,967 Posts
Tell that to people who lived through the Argentine economic collapse or the Balkan wars. People who thought they were prepared, and had been asked later what one item they wished they had on hand during shtf. The number one answer was silver coins.
As I recall, what the wished for was small silver and gold coins, gold rings, and gold chain (so you could cut off links). They specified the cheaper 14/17 Karat gold because all the dealers we pricing jewlry at the cheaper purity.

·
Registered
408 Posts
St Cloud Mn.
No, you can't find a buyer you like or who will pay what you want for your silver. And $1200 to assay what? That is crazy, someone is pulling a fast one.

·
the "d" from ban[d]
16,226 Posts
St Cloud Mn.
You are too far away to make the sale but surely someone lives within 50 miles. How much are you asking and what form is the 20 oz in?

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You left out a lot of important info. What kind of silver? How are you trying to sell it? Are you listing it at too high of a starting price?

The only reasons you can't find a buyer are either because you're not selling in the right place or your price is too high.
I'll post a pic and you can zoom in.

Don't be fooled by the post '64 dates.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.