Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Sorry to be a wet blanket, but check your local walmart this time of year. They put the canning supplies on clearance.

We got 150 boxes of lids at $.25 each. Cases of new quarts for $4. each. Did buy a couple boxes of lids and bands for wide mouth as that was all that was left of wide mouth lids- they were $.75 each per dozen- lids and bands. When you find a deal like this, you have to buy in bulk or you'll kick yourself later.

$4. a case now and buy plenty or $9.80 a case in the spring when you need them? For me the choice is clear- cause I'm cheap :D:

Bands you don't need that many of. They can be reused and taken off a day after you can.

Lowdown3

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wow - these are both great tips. I am just now thinking about getting into canning - something I should have done 10 years ago. I am going to check out both of these sources.

·
Pursuing freedom.
296 Posts
I didn't know that ChinaMart discounted those. I asked a lady that worked in that area a couple of months ago and she said that is one thing that they did not discount.

I am heading there tomorrow morning.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Yeah, I checked walmart too and it took them forever to mark down the canning jars, when they only had a few left they knocked off a couple bucks.

Went to Meijer yesterday and they have a full stock of canning supllies right now.(NOV)

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
alot of times, it really depend on how much stock they got of that item. if they really need to get it out of here.then it goes on clearance or if they are droping that item form the inventory

1 - 8 of 8 Posts