Survivalist Forum banner

Would you?

• Yes.

Votes: 39 15.7%
  • No.

Votes: 93 37.3%
  • Depending on desperation of circumstances.

Votes: 117 47.0%
1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Banned
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have considered this question, and come to the conclusion that if I was hungry enough, I would indeed eat human flesh. This is a more honest appraisal to me, than someone saying "no way", who never went without a meal in their life. Starvation is a very powerful force, and would make you do things you would not normally do. That said, it would be invaders/attackers, I wouldn't shoot innocents to eat. I don't think it would make me "lose my humanity" as once they are dead they are just meat, same as anything else.

Your thoughts?

·
Plinker
746 Posts
Myself, probably not. I supposedly have an ancestor who was in the Donner Party. but I don't know if she was an "eater or eatee". There were members who did manage to survive without partaking in cannibalism. It is also a different matter whether you kill to eat or eat off those already dead.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
You need your head checked man, Why the ***edited by mod*** would you even contemplate this act of barbary? If you seriously think about subjects such as this, you have too much time on your hands. I could understand the thought coming across your mind if you were in an actual situation, where your in starvation mode, but beforehand? Absolutely Abominable.

·
Plinker
746 Posts
You need your head checked man, Why the ***edited by mod*** would you even contemplate this act of barbary? If you seriously think about subjects such as this, you have too much time on your hands. I could understand the thought coming across your mind if you were in an actual situation, where your in starvation mode, but beforehand? Absolutely Abominable.
This site is about Survivalism and all its aspects. The topic isn't one I would have thought about, but the topic is no different than someone talking about "Shooting people for trespassing", for example.

·
Banned
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
A true survivalist closes the door on no options. As for having my head checked, if you tried hard enough, you could find mental illness in every single human on the planet. Materialism and greed are one of the biggest ones out there, for example.

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
I think it is perfectly all right to contemplate how one would behave if faced with such a choice - just like I might contemplate many situations or choices that I hope I never actually have to face. Giving it thought before hand is what preparing is all about.

That said, since there is a 'depending on desparation of circumstances' option, I hope nobody is going to [seriously] click 'yes'.

Personally I don't know if I would. I do know that if my kids were to be faced with such a choice, and I was the menu, that I hope they would partake (assuming I was already dead). Heck, once I'm dead what's left is just a sack of meat and bones - I don't really care what happens to it.

-Per.

·
Registered
146 Posts
It's a shame that the board only allows one to give "Thanks" to a poster. Because it would sometimes be more useful to tell a poster that "You're a ****ing idiot."

·
DILIGENTIA VIS CELERITAS
727 Posts
I have considered this question, and come to the conclusion that if I was hungry enough, I would indeed eat human flesh. This is a more honest appraisal to me, than someone saying "no way", who never went without a meal in their life. Starvation is a very powerful force, and would make you do things you would not normally do. That said, it would be invaders/attackers, I wouldn't shoot innocents to eat. I don't think it would make me "lose my humanity" as once they are dead they are just meat, same as anything else.

Your thoughts?
I agree totally with you. If it came down to picking friends or family. I would choose to eat a lead life saver instead. I voted depending on circumstances.
If a large population could not go the the store to buy food, the local populations of wild game would be gone in weeks. Now what do you eat? Those of us who have stocked up will run out sooner or later. I really hope it never comes down to that.

·
RESET CONGRESS!!
9,462 Posts
If it were absolutely down to that last choice,.. yeah, I think I would. I wouldn't kill anyone for food ! But if it came right down to it, and they were already dead.. I'm pretty sure I could do it. ... I think. But realistically, I think I coud forage around here and always come up with alternatives. Lots of edibles here.

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
i cannot foresee any possible circumstance where eating another person would be an option. maybe feeding an enemies corpse to your dogs but not canabalism. there would always be something else to eat. if your sitting in any type of terrain and cant find anything else to eat you are NOT a survivalist.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'll cross that bridge when, and if I get to it. This questions is kinda like asking someone if they'll kill another person. The truthful answer is, they'll know when they're in the situation.

·
Getting Older
1,233 Posts
Hopefully I'm better prepared than to ever have even consider something like that. The only foreseeable situation I can see where this would be necessary would be global nuclear warfare. In this case easting my wife and kids would only forestall the inevitable.

·
V
21,713 Posts
If I was in the position where it was that or die then in all honesty I dont know maybe, as already mentioned BS aside like with shooting someone you dont know until you do it. (even battle hardened Vets have been known to freeze)

if your sitting in any type of terrain and cant find anything else to eat you are NOT a survivalist.
MMmmhhh I've not read such a simplistically stupid comment in a long time.

The film Alive first springs to mind, then I wonder how many people actually know how to survive in every possible climate and terrain around the world survivalist, expert or not. Or are you carrying a pocket SAS Survival guide and trusting in that trixie? :upsidedown: could you personaly survive in high desert, arctic circle, jungle and everything inbetween?:confused: I doubt it else you wouldnt be making silly comments like that.:taped:

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
If I was in the position where it was that or die then in all honesty I dont know maybe, as already mentioned BS aside like with shooting someone you dont know until you do it. (even battle hardened Vets have been known to freeze)

The film Alive first springs to mind, then I wonder how many people actually know how to survive in every possible climate and terrain around the world survivalist, expert or not. Or are you carrying a pocket SAS Survival guide and trusting in that trixie? :upsidedown: could you personaly survive in high desert, arctic circle, jungle and everything inbetween?:confused: I doubt it else you wouldnt be making silly comments like that.:taped:

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
if its ok to eat dead people then it must be perfectly ok to have sex with dead bodies and anything else you wanna do. heck, build a shelter outta them.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts