Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this a good idea? Wouldn't it get cooked over and over again during the summer time? How about if the car was in the desert?

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
i keep a pack of 6 cup o noodles in the truck. it doesnt matter how hot it gets- as long as it doesnt catch fire lol. also remember to keep at LEAST a gallon of water in the car at the minimum.

·
Banned
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So would the food in the cans keeps cooking itself? Good idea on the noodles.

·
Crazy old man
1,287 Posts
ZZ7; not knowing where you live I'll answer this way, yes canned food if leftin a hot car will start cooking and explode. My sister found out the hard way. On the otherhand leaving it in a car in freezing weather equally as bad. So use mre's, mountain house singles,raman noodles, or heater meals.:cool:

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Canned food lasts best in room temp and below in dry place. MREs are the worst. They will lose all value in less than a month in a car at 120 dgrees in trunk. As Dwind and others said. Best thing to do is keep lots of water and something like Freeze dried or life boat rations. I would rotate my food out after no more than three months in the car. It is a good idea to check all your gear each quarter. Like today I change all my batteries in my flashlights, radios etc. Make yourself a calendar. Best way is Jan1, APr1, July 1, Oct 1 rotate food and water and batteries. Also check all your car fluid levels at this time and your car battery.

·
Banned
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. Now I need to think about whether or not I should try this tuna that's been in the trunk for over 2 years in all weathers of the Wash DC area.

·
Here's a man who stood up
665 Posts
Like today I change all my batteries in my flashlights, radios etc. Make yourself a calendar. Best way is Jan1, APr1, July 1, Oct 1 rotate food and water and batteries.
Do you work for Energizer? Ray-O-Vac? I just put batteries in my flashlight that had a "Best Used by:" date of 2002! They work great and have been fine for the last three weeks! Throwing out batteries after three months is wasteful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.