Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Canik TP9SA

I have put about 500 rounds through my newest pistol so far - TP9SA. This is a well balanced and very accurate firearm, and the price is great. Don't let the price fool you. Apparently it is not expensive to produce a quality pistol in Turkey. Of all my dozen pistols, I have grown to really like this one the most. Do some research on Canik and you will find the same things that I did, this is a fabulous pistol. Over my 64 years here on earth I have bought and sold a lot of firearms. But I have kept the ones that fit me perfectly, this Canik TP9SA is a keeper. Don't let the unknown name of Canik hold you back, get it while you can, and I promise you will not be disappointed. :thumb::D: This is a fun gun to shoot!! And as soon as I can get the TP9SF it will be added to the stable for a fun time too.

·
Fenced In
3,445 Posts
A friend of mine was all excited to get one of these, partially because an early announcement/preview mentioned mag compatibility with the Beretta 92, which would cut the cost of mags roughly in half. Well, now there seems to be no mention of this.

Has anyone seen anything about TP9 mag compatibility with the 92?

·
Paratrooper X
3,550 Posts
A friend of mine was all excited to get one of these, partially because an early announcement/preview mentioned mag compatibility with the Beretta 92, which would cut the cost of mags roughly in half. Well, now there seems to be no mention of this.

That was a mistake made by Century. How ever, TP 9 magazines will work in a Walther PPQ M2 but Walther PPQ M2 magazines will not work in any version of the TP9

·
Gettin There
1,645 Posts

I thought that the mag had to be modified to work. I think the cut out on the mag for the mag release to catch had to go on the other side and people were just cutting the slot in.

ETA: Here is a link to a video with a Beretta 30rd mag used in a Canik.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arNe8LxERck

·
Paratrooper X
3,550 Posts
I thought that the mag had to be modified to work. I think the cut out on the mag for the mag release to catch had to go on the other side and people were just cutting the slot in.

ETA: Here is a link to a video with a Beretta 30rd mag used in a Canik.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arNe8LxERck
You can modify just a lot of magazines from gun to gun. Most have the same grip angle

·
Knowledge is Power
4,630 Posts
I posted a thread a couple of years ago on here showing how to modify beretta mags to work in about a dozen handguns by re-locating the mag catch hole. If you are able to successfully do this for this handgun let me know please so I can add that to the list

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.