Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for the conversion kit to change a candle lantern to use lamp oil, I can't seem to find one anywhere, I believe they are made by Lampoil. Any one know where I can find one? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
I can't help you on the conversion, but you can get, fairly inexpense, lanterns.
Why not get a couple and keep your candle lantern for when the coal oil runs out??

·
Registered
816 Posts
I'm with the other posters; I can't imagine a conversion kit being cheaper than a new oil lantern, as they can be bought pretty cheaply ( or made pretty easily). Just get an oil lamp and have both. you can get one at walmart for like 10 bucks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replys, I've got plenty of oil lamps. I want the conversion to keep good lamp in a small package in my pack. With the conversion and candles, I can have two choices in one lantern.

·
Editor, Ready Magazine
588 Posts
I am not sure I would want the oil in my backpack. I have always used containerized fule, candles or battery power when out and about in the woods. I would like to hear how it works out for you though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess no one knows what I'm talking about. it is a candle sized oil container with a wick, and a screw on cap to keep it from leaking, It fits in the small collapsable UCO candle lanterns. They've been around for years.

·
Happiness is 2 at low 8
1,403 Posts
I guess no one knows what I'm talking about. it is a candle sized oil container with a wick, and a screw on cap to keep it from leaking, It fits in the small collapsable UCO candle lanterns. They've been around for years.
Last time I saw something like that was at hobbyshop where there were parts and supplies for making fancy candles, shadowboxes, scrapbooks etc... Around here Michael's or Hobby Lobby would be the place I'd look.

Allan

·
Registered
84 Posts
Actually I do know what you're talking about. I made one from a couple pieces of copper tubing. Send me your email address and I'll send the file. When I get around to it i'll post the file here.

·
Kibitzer
6,631 Posts
Yes, I've got one. Leaks oil like a sieve. As long as it's burning, it's ok. But, unlit, the oil leaks out no matter what.
Got mine from "Early Winters", that should tell you how old it is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.