Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
the "d" from ban[d]
15,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you suppose the ratio is of people: those fighting cancer and getting cured or extended life for 3 times the length of the fight vs. those that destroyed the time they had left fighting cancer?

Please if you do not like my two times for the ratio pick your own.

At 72 I hardly see the point in various cancer screening test.

·
Registered
328 Posts
For me, it would depend on the type of screening, the type of cancer, and the proposed treatment. Skin cancer screening is "get naked and have the doctor take a look" - easy enough. Caught early, treatment is a local anesthetic and a few stitches - easy enough. So yeah, even at 72, I'd keep up with it.

If the doctor were suggesting 3x annual colonoscopies, and then if they found something, they'd have to remove the large intestine and I'd be stuck with liquid nutrition forever - pass. The test is bad, the treatment is worse, just...nah.

I guess like most of life, most things would fall in between and I'd make a decision on a case-by-case basis

·
reluctant sinner
17,913 Posts
I think its a personal choice about your testing and treatment. Dr. Royal Rife solve cancer, and the medical system shut him down, burned his papers and destroyed his equipment. There is no money in cures only in treatments. Just like cohoax 19, now its 2 masks and 2 shots plus a rectal swab and then it will be every year plus still no travel ....

Big Pharma and the most powerful union in the world the AMA have no real interest in cures - they want treatments they can sell forever.

Amazon Sucks.

·
Registered
749 Posts
If the doctor were suggesting 3x annual colonoscopies, and then if they found something, they'd have to remove the large intestine and I'd be stuck with liquid nutrition forever - pass. The test is bad, the treatment is worse, just...nah.

Ah come on... a colonoscopy is no worse than getting molested by aliens . You wake up , have missing time and your bum feels violated.

·
Indefatigable
20,561 Posts
On one hand - I would want to know as early as possible, but not necessarily for early treatment. Either way, I think it's best to know.
On the other hand - I am of the "If its not broke, don't fix it" mindset. IF I am having symptoms of a condition ordering tests are fine. But just because the Dr gets a bonus for sending X # of patients to the sleep lab every month - NO.
Furthermore, by the end of nursing school I understood there were much worse things than dying and I also came to believe anyone who lives long enough will get cancer or a chronic disease of some sort.

·
Survivor
16,523 Posts
I have known too many people (several friends) live the last few years of their lives going to Dr. appointments and treatment instead of doing what they really wanted to do.

I did let them take my left eye out because they thought I had melanoma in it. It wasn't a big deal because I was blind in that eye anyway. However, if they start talking chemo and all that crap, I will pass.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My father in law has had prostate issues for years. His bloodwork (PSA) keeps getting worse and the doctor suspects cancer, but he is 86 he says at his age he is not interested in doing anything about it. We just try to spoil him and my parents as much as we can. He does have his skin checked for skin cancer (he has had it on his nose) since that is easy.

·
KOAD; FOAD; ESAD
7,665 Posts
O
What do you suppose the ratio is of people: those fighting cancer and getting cured or extended life for 3 times the length of the fight vs. those that destroyed the time they had left fighting cancer?

Please if you do not like my two times for the ratio pick your own.

At 72 I hardly see the point in various cancer screening test.
once I passed 65 I WROTE DOWN instructions that I will not be given chemo or radiation or whatever other treatments they may want to try...
Chemo kills..its in the description

·
Survivor
16,523 Posts
O

once I passed 65 I WROTE DOWN instructions that I will not be given chemo or radiation or whatever other treatments they may want to try...
Chemo kills..its in the description
50 years from now (maybe less) chemo will be regarded the same as blood letting is today.

IMO, trying to kill the parasite by taking the host as close to death as possible is not the answer.

I am just fine with my mortality but it seems my maker is not in a big hurry to see me, which is just fine also.

·
Business Owner
2,581 Posts
My dad had cancer. It was horrible, but the chemo was worse.

I have had friends older than me and friends younger than me have cancer and do chemo. They all died and they all were miserable their last few months.

NOT FOR ME. I have had discussions with my Dr. and I will not do chemo or any treatments on devestating cancers. If they are treatable with a high % rate of recovery, yes, but if its like pancreatic cancer with a 0.1 % chance - no way. I will start smoking pot and doing whatever else is bad, cause at that point....

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
20 years of reading medical records and working with doctors have taken their toll on my. By all means get regular testing and seek therapy when indicated. There does come a time that you have to make decisions. 10 years ago I had a high PSA which is an indicator of prostrate cancer. I did the exams, went to the training session put on by the hospital. I decided not to seek therapy. The cancer is slow and the therapy can lead to impotence. I did not tell my wife about the issue as she would have demanded that I have therapy. 6 months later my PSA was normal and no indication of a neoplasm. The scare was over and I told my wife. She was very upset with me. You must make your own decisions. It is not the quantity of life but the quality

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
My mom died of cancer 3 years ago January , she had never been to the doctor in here life
she started feeling poorly around October 20th went to my sisters for Christmas 🎄 the day after New Years she drove her self to the hospital it was a Monday , Tuesday she went back for tests , wed morning she was out of her mind they shot her so full of morphine I think her kidneys/liver shut down .
The cancer was thru her body and there was nothing that could be done , I pulled the plug and she die 20 min latter , she would be 85 to day .
I think that is the way to go .
I don’t want to be hanging around making a pita of my self .
I’ve seen horrific things go on it’s not for me . I know when my time is up .
I think if you live long enough you end up with cancer .

·
Dirt Dweller
645 Posts
Hey OP, I too am 72 yo. About 15 years ago my psa became elevated but it has remained constant at that level. In June 2019 I had my annual visit with my urologist. He gave me the good news that much of the testing I’ve been doing can be discontinued. I was elelated. I asked if it was because my tests improved that much? He replied “no,” but at my age there is no real need. There isn't much they would do about it. Great, I said “thanks.” That same week I had my colonoscopy. The doctor said I instead of having them done every 3 years I can wait 5 or six years for my next one. I asked if it was because my testes have improved that much? He said “no.” At my age there isn’t much they can do about it. So the good news is that you and I will probably die of old age before some common cancers will get us.

·
Combat marxism Now!
8,659 Posts
Airline pilots seem to end up with certain kinds of cancer (other than the common skin cancer 2x rate for pilots) . Likely due to years of high altitude cosmic radiation of about 5 mSv per year. Many of them get effective treatment and live for 20+ additional years. My friend "Jack" recently died. Lived for more than 2 decades with cancer in various stages of remission and relapse. In the end, a brain tumor developed that pressed on his optic nerve, and the "biopsy" killed him. Strange how that went.

·
Wile E Coyote, Genius.
33,897 Posts
There is talk lately that Fenbendazole might actually be a cure for cancer. Joe Tippen said he had terminal small cell lung cancer and beat it with Panacure.

I have no idea how reliable the info is, just passing it along.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
If everyone stopped giving drug companies what they want, high sales, then they actually may start providing cures... there hasn’t been a new silver bullet in other 70 years, and even with all the technology we have today, that says something.

I would rather eat and live a healthy lifestyle than believe everything the food/drug companies says.

Granted, get tested, but make your decisions carefully. I have seen numerous people go through their whole fortune because of chemo and they still died In short order. IMHO, they would have been better off spending that fortune doing what they loved And enjoying what time they had on this planet or fill some bucket list of sorts.

i knew one guy who one day at church was announced he died of a cancer and only his wife knew about it, not even his kids until he died. Had cancer for 3years. He didn’t do any treatment, and he was the happiest fart I knew And hat is how I remember him.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts