Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mods: I did an Advanced Search and could not find an existing thread. If there is one, please merge. TIA.

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/01/19/boom-canadian-troops-battle-isis-in-first-confirmed-ground-battle-in-iraq/

Reported by The Lebanon Daily Star and confirmed by a Canadian brigadier general. Canadian Special Forces advisors moved forward to check on the execution of plans made with their Iraqi counterparts behind the lines and were fired upon.

It may be necessary, but I'm not jumping for joy either.

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
12,119 Posts
Why would he think the US military is any different?

In my basic training platoon, half had never touched a gun.

That's why they have this thing called training. In about two weeks, they have more experience than most civilians get in a lifetime...and they don't stop after just two weeks.;)

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol, I imagine the ISIS members that survive hearing a faint "I'm sorry" as they run for their caves.
Nah. More like: "How d'ya like that, eh?" Accompanied with appropriate body language... possibly the one-finger salute. ;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Canadian navy? You mean this one below?

All kidding aside, my firearms instructor once told me we have more long guns per person than the US when dividing long guns with people, always wondered if there is any fact to that. Despite its image, there are a lot of gun loving people in rural Canada, and while not as free as the USA, its not too bad. Canadians are very proud of their men in uniform just the same way the US is, true heroes.

Attachments

·
Banned
12,493 Posts
Seems I read somewhere that it was a Canadian sniper that recorded the longest kill shot ever.
Looked it up. Two Canadians held the top two spots for kills made in Afghanistan in 2002.
A fella from the UK took the record in 2009, also in Afghanistan.

In other news Canadians engaged and 'neutralized' ISIS fighters two more times in the last week. I'm on a mobile and don't know how to post a link. If someone could do that for me... :)

·
Realist
255 Posts
This must also be a record, sniper kills 6 with one shot :D:

A British sniper in Afghanistan killed six insurgents with a single bullet after hitting the trigger switch of a suicide bomber whose device then exploded, The Telegraph has learnt.

The 20-year-old marksman, a Lance Corporal in the Coldstream Guards, hit his target from 930 yards (850 metres) away, killing the suicide bomber and five others around him caught in the blast.
The incident in Kakaran in southern Afghanistan happened in December but has only now been disclosed as Britain moves towards the withdrawal of all combat soldiers by the end of the year.

Lt Col Richard Slack, commanding officer of 9/12 Royal Lancers, said the unnamed sharpshooter prevented a major attack by the Taliban, as a second suicide vest packed with 20kg (44lbs) of explosives was found nearby.

The same sniper, with his first shot on the tour of duty, killed a Taliban machine-gunner from 1,465 yards (1,340m).
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...nistan-kills-six-Taliban-with-one-bullet.html

1 - 20 of 35 Posts