Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
just doin my job..
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. I searched around last night for a thread on this, Im sure I saw something on it a few weeks ago.. couldn't find anything so I thought I might aswell ask.

Im 16 and in Canada.. does anyone know what the laws are for owning a gun? I own an air handgun and enjoy target practice occasionally, but I wouldn't mind getting a .22 eventually to try my hand at hunting rabbit and stuff..

being 16 I haven't got alot of money to throw around.. can't join the clubs or anything yet.. but I was wondering what licences would I need to get?:confused:

thanks in advance:thumb:

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
I have NO idea of the lisenses you need, but I have a few canadian buddies that come on down here to go to the same shooting schools I go to.

I think there are a couple levles:

Things like Pump shotguns, Lever actions, and .22's (I believe M1's fit into this catagory, Canada has a 5 round limit for rifles... an exception is the 8 round M1... makes it a good option... and the 30-06 round wil ldo anythign you want)

There's another lisensing level... my buddy has a VZ58 (AK's not allowed) and a coupel AR's IIRC.

He's got a Norinco M1A IIRC but I don't know what level that is.

BUt if your a new shooter... may I recomend that you get a .22 and buy this book:
Amazon.com: Art Of The Rifle (Firearms): Jeff Cooper: Books

And go shoot 5,000 rounds through it.

After that you'll be ready for the next step.

·
Registered
688 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts