Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following article and video show a man breaking into a woman's house in Oakland, CA. She captures part of it on cell phone and can be heard asking "Can you please leave?" as he walks through her house gathering electronics and other items. Sadly, he then comes back and assaults her.

This is why we plan, why we try to get our spouses, friends and neighbors to prepare as well. It's obvious that this poor woman did not have a plan, did not know what to do and was obviously so caught up in the action that she couldn't act. Classic Sheeple mentality.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/06/09/california.sexual.assault.video/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

I hope that she is well and recovering, and I hope this story serves as a reminder that SHTF comes in all sorts of scenarios.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
She is lucky it wasnt worse. Be Prepared. I always have my CC ready when I get home from work etc.

Reactions: Boonie

·
Maximus
12,320 Posts
Wait wait wait a minute.... WTH???

Some dude robs her and is in her home.... she stops to record him instead of calling the police and getting the HELL OUT OF THE HOUSE?? Snap a photo then RUN if you are not armed.

See what happens when criminals have no fear of armed home-owners. But it still doesn't make sense to me why she did not have the police on the phone first... was self-preservation not a concern for this lady?

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
lucky for that dirt bag he didn't try that with my wife I really don't feel like cleaning his blood splatter of the walls & floor!

The sheeple live in a thinly veiled lie that we have order and conformity they are safe, protected. Unfortunately this woman has learned the hard way when the rubber meets the road you need something more than a cell phone camera and moral right on your side. The numbers are somewhat disputed but roughly 38% of households own firearms that means 62% are unarmed.

Maybe being a raider is viable when ..SHTF :rolleyes:

By the way,... she should have got the hell out of the house and called 911 what was she thinking?

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
How could it have been "worse?" :/

I do like your last comment though. That's really a good idea. Thanks for bringing it up.
In California, "Sexual Assault" may have been a kiss on the cheek and a pat on the fanny as he carried her stereo out the door. She could have been raped or killed.

We are obviously missing all the details.

·
survivalist in training
1,954 Posts
Wait wait wait a minute.... WTH???

Some dude robs her and is in her home.... she stops to record him instead of calling the police and getting the HELL OUT OF THE HOUSE?? Snap a photo then RUN if you are not armed.

See what happens when criminals have no fear of armed home-owners. But it still doesn't make sense to me why she did not have the police on the phone first... was self-preservation not a concern for this lady?
She was probably in shock that this was actually happening. Remember, she was 28 so not really that old and experienced. It's a feeling that comes over some people of not really being able to think clearly because what's happening is so out of the norm and you really don't know what to do.

·
war comin, choose a side
401 Posts

I do like your last comment though. That's really a good idea. Thanks for bringing it up.
Umm... could have set the house on fire, could have killed her, kidnapped and tortured/raped/beat for days/weeks on in, took all of her financial "garbage" and sold it to someone that knows what to do with it, please dont get it twisted things could always be worse.

·
Limpin to safety.
7,637 Posts
What she did, or how she handled it is immaterial.

Kill them all. During the crime, after the crime, when ever the opportunity is available.

·
survivalist in training
1,954 Posts

·
One of the Good Guys
268 Posts

Well as far as how it could have been worse...hmmm....she could be have been beaten into a coma, vegetative state, or tortured, disfigured....hmmm....maybe killed. Though rape is horrible, these others on top of that in my humble opinion would be worse. Unfortunately, she didn't have a weapon available to put a slug of lead through his temporal lobe.

·
Raving Loony
2,253 Posts
What's really depressing is the way the media praises her actions. Now there will be more people thinking that standing there recording the burglar is a good idea. When she could have got out and not got raped, could have called the cops and maybe had the ****head apprehended at the scene. Are they trying to create a nation of stupid plugged-in sheeple??

Stupid question.

And I'm the one who's crazy?? I'm the one?? I don't think so.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
lucky for that dirt bag he didn't try that with my wife I really don't feel like cleaning his blood splatter of the walls & floor!

The sheeple live in a thinly veiled lie that we have order and conformity they are safe, protected. Unfortunately this woman has learned the hard way when the rubber meets the road you need something more than a cell phone camera and moral right on your side. The numbers are somewhat disputed but roughly 38% of households own firearms that means 62% are unarmed.

Maybe being a raider is viable when ..SHTF :rolleyes:

By the way,... she should have got the hell out of the house and called 911 what was she thinking?
Clorox cleanup works well for the splatters......now if it was carpeting that's another matter :thumb:

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.