Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nephew came over last night and dropped off 500 brand new 222 cases and asked me to load them for his AR, After explaining the difference and showing him, then finding out he bought them at a gun show with no way to return them. I told him that I would buy them if I could form them into cases for my AAC. I was wondering if anyone has tried this.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
You are going to 'cut' the brass at the shoulder to the spec's for 300blk. So you should be fine. FYI, you can use the following brass for 300blk as well: .221, .222, .222 Magnum, .223, 556, .204, .17 Rem, .17 Fireball

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I would list the rare 222 brass on gunbroker and see what you could get for it. Maybe quite a bit. Then find some 223 with your profits.

500 pieces of BO brass ready to go. Either bid or hit the Buy It Now button. There is not a lot of 222 brass for sale. Unless you bought it for just a few bucks I would try turning a profit on it and buy the ready made brass.

Reactions: neiowa

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
OP, you "can" but the OAL of 300 Blackout is1.368". 1.368" on 222 brass is only .020" down from the neck shoulder junction..the shoulder on 222 stops at 1.264". I sold a bunch of Virgin 222 on Gun Broker at about 45 cents each. Since converted 223 brass properly done should be annealed anyway you'd probably be better off buying that.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would list the rare 222 brass on gunbroker and see what you could get for it. Maybe quite a bit. Then find some 223 with your profits.

500 pieces of BO brass ready to go. Either bid or hit the Buy It Now button. There is not a lot of 222 brass for sale. Unless you bought it for just a few bucks I would try turning a profit on it and buy the ready made brass.

Thank you I didn't think of that it is all brand new sealed bag Winchester. That is why i didn't just measure the stuff myself I didn't want to cut the bags open.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have more 223 brass on hand than I can use so I can sent the profits back to the kid. I know tough problem with the brass, I just wish I could afford or now find the components to load it all.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I'm shooting 7.62x25, i use mangled 223/556 , I anneal first, tumble, then form, cut, outside neck turn, and final size and reload

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Yes

When the round was first gaining popularity it was the only way I could get brass to reload. There are plenty of jigs out there.

it’s not hard to do with a jig and a harbor freight minI saw.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts