Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Is that all?
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to get a good basic solar system, semi portable, as I am not totally settled yet. Preferably something that can power a battery to store some power for a while. I'd like to be able to power a computer, recharge batteries, phone, power a small radio, etc. I won't have to means to buy or build a house off the grid for a long time, but at least being able to generate a little power during a natural disaster, have a few lights, some radio etc would be real nice.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
For what your able to spend, I'm afraid you are not going to get much. Why don't you check with any solar stores around you for used panels, inverters, charge controllers etc ? Also you can watch
Craigs list.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Check out goalzero.com.
I purchased the Guide 10 kit a few weeks ago. Quite satisfied with the performance, so ordering the Sherpa 50 Adventure Kit.

If you search online or goto ebay, you will see other retailers selling for 20% discount from MSRP price.

·
Just a tad bit insane
539 Posts
Check out goalzero.com.
I purchased the Guide 10 kit a few weeks ago. Quite satisfied with the performance, so ordering the Sherpa 50 Adventure Kit.

If you search online or goto ebay, you will see other retailers selling for 20% discount from MSRP price.
migt look into these. they seem something that might be useful on a hike. or even a exteneded field op.

·
Registered
90 Posts
As mentioned already Goal Zero I got the adventure kit which has a 30 watt panel and inverter and 350watt battery for $519.00 from I think it was back country.com. Nice little unit.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Brunton's stuff is pretty cool too, the SolarRoll is pretty rugged and water resistant as are the power packs of various sizes.
I myself purchased a Solarroll 9 and the older equivalent of the small inspire power pack and have gotten great results charging small electronics in the field, even on overcast days.

oh and the prices on the Brunton site are retarded but if you look on Amazon, you'll find their stuff for a substantial discount.

Hope that helps!:)

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
Go for Polycrystalline. I hear it out performs everything else.

·
Study becomes insight
239 Posts
Check out goalzero.com.

That looks pretty nifty. $500 for the Sherpa 50 seems pretty steep. It would be invaluable during a power outage, though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts