Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took over a room in my house, I see lots of them. Nobody I asked in person has any idea what it is.

This are kind of small like small to medium sized ants, not carpenter ants big. At first I thought they were ants.

Here is a link to a video of this thing crawling around.
https://i.imgur.com/SgetvJC.mp4

·
Registered
198 Posts
kinda' looks like a blister beetle...I used to toss 'em in the blender with some water and spray that back onto my tomato plants to ward 'em off. g'luck, I hope someone who knows for sure pokes their head in here for ya'!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kinda' looks like a blister beetle...I used to toss 'em in the blender with some water and spray that back onto my tomato plants to ward 'em off. g'luck, I hope someone who knows for sure pokes their head in here for ya'!
It surely does look like a black blister beetle. However, they are really tiny like medium sized ants. Blister beetles are way larger.

So while it looks like a blister beetle it is way smaller.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Took over a room in my house, I see lots of them. Nobody I asked in person has any idea what it is.

This are kind of small like small to medium sized ants, not carpenter ants big. At first I thought they were ants.

Here is a link to a video of this thing crawling around.
https://i.imgur.com/SgetvJC.mp4

Do you have grain, rice or cereal stores? I’d check them if you do, it looks sort of like a grain weevil.

·
Banned
10,320 Posts
CAW!

It's a bug!

We used to bee' able to ask a bona-fide entomologist, it's too bad SDE was ran off by the hag~n~**** though! :taped:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm thinking that they may not be from USA and I may have had them shipped to me from another part of the world. Then they somehow multiplied in this room I had a lot of junk in.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yeah it's a bug but all bugs ain't created equal! Some are big and dumb and harmless like the June Bug and others are like the tiny and vicious and evil and devious and incredibly painful South Florida Sand Flea. For all I know; The bug in the photo that the OP posted looks like the Ethiopian Bed Bug, specifically the Teedahla Refugee Camp Variant. Not really but ya gotta admit that that sounded pretty convincing!
Ok, I have to add that I really have no idea of what kind of bug it is. So far, nobody else has responded with "Yup, it's a". That's my point. For that reason, you REALLY NEED to take a sample to an expert and have them tell you what it is and how to get rid of them. Like you said: It may not be from the USA. Dang! It really could be the Ethiopian Bed Bug, specifically the Teedahla Refugee Camp Variant.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts