Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Jack of all trades
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using my Samsung i760 PDA Phone to view and post on this site since I joined. Today when I tried to open the site I got a message saying that "You have to have javascript enabled to view this site". Has there been a change to the site? I'm using Pocket IE, and it has always worked fine. I can download and use a different browser if I have to, but PIE is easier.

Roger

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Whoever you are using for your service provider is going through a proxy server - proxy servers have been blocked.

Or, you are trying to use a proxy server to access this website.

·
Jack of all trades
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My service is through Verizon, and was able to view the site last Friday. Didn't have a chance to log on this weekend until this morning. Seems weird that the message I get says I have to have java script enabled (pocket IE isn't capable of java). Its in black text on the site's green background. I re-installed Opera Mini (includes java) on my phone and I can view the site just fine. I'm not going through any proxies on my end.

Roger

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
My service is through Verizon, and was able to view the site last Friday. Didn't have a chance to log on this weekend until this morning. Seems weird that the message I get says I have to have java script enabled (pocket IE isn't capable of java). Its in black text on the site's green background. I re-installed Opera Mini (includes java) on my phone and I can view the site just fine. I'm not going through any proxies on my end.

Roger
That might be what the problem is, the fact that mini-IE does not support Java script.

·
Jack of all trades
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That might be what the problem is, the fact that mini-IE does not support Java script.
But 99% of my posts have been made with my phone and pocket ie. I even registered on the site with my phone. Has something changed since Friday 10/24/08 with how the site works?

Roger

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
But 99% of my posts have been made with my phone and pocket ie. I even registered on the site with my phone. Has something changed since Friday 10/24/08 with how the site works?

Roger
Yes, a security measure was put into place that blocked proxy servers. And for some reason it blocked your pocket version of Internet Explorer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts