Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,119 Posts
it is a simple fact that very few plants are toxic
step one: find out which plants in your area are toxic. know them.
basically, almost everything else is edible, to on e degree or another.
i graze a lot. i sample this and that. some are nasty, most aren't.
i have discovered some very tasty greens this way.
i make some pretty bizarre salads, but they're tasty.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,119 Posts
That view will land a forager in the hospital or the morgue. If one has great health insurance and doesn't mind being sick for several days to weeks by all means graze at will.

Edible plants are an extreme minority of wild plants. What is deadly is a matter of degrees. Onions can kill you. Acorns can kill you. Then there are the deadly one that will dispatch you long before you can get to the hosptial.

If one identifies a plant beyound a doubt the chances of being ill are small, excluding allergies. (Excluding mushrooms) if you are not deathly sick within the hour, you will probably survive, albeit you could be miserable for weeks.
i've been grazing, for 20 +years in my area.
i'm just fine thanks.:)

btw...i'm canadian. i have great health insurance.:thumb:
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top