Banned
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i was arested 3 years back in (TEXAS) for
1. distrubution of a controled substance
2. distrubution of marijuana
3. false report to peace officer
now befor you judge me and eat me alive with how bad or stupid i am
i have changed i got married and am attending college and have never gotten in trouble since
i recived defered adjudification and my plea IS guilty but i completed my probation early and it has been dismissed NOT expunged
i called the atf and fbi in search of answeres and 1 lady said she dont see why i wouldent be if what i was saying is the truth
so according to the law i was not convicted but i am still worried that i might not be able to purchase a fire arm.
so my question is is there anyone out there that is in the similar boat as me and if so what were the outcomes
again please dont judge me i was stupid then and have changed so please forgive me for my wrongs (AGAIN I LIVE IN TEXAS)

·
...all out of bubble gum
871 Posts
Prolly not legally............

My father was flagged because he was a "suspect", in a crime. Never charged or convicted. Took FOREVER to get fixed! (this was in AL)

·
Banned
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont want to do anything illegal to get a firearm i learned my lesson once and i have a family . i do expect to get delayed but i read the NICS rules and i think i will get approved.

·
...all out of bubble gum
871 Posts
Have a GF buy it. Then sell it to you on paper. (just a guess)

Worked for me when I was out of state...... Seems OK wont sell you a gun if you have an AL drivers license.

·
Banned
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Federal Categories of Persons Prohibited From Receiving

A delay response from the NICS Section indicates the subject of the background check has been matched with either a state or federal potentially prohibiting record containing a similar name and/or similar descriptive features (name, sex, race, date of birth, state of residence, social security number, height, weight, or place of birth). The federally prohibiting criteria are as follows:
■ A person who has been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year or any state offense classified by the state as a misdemeanor and is punishable by a term of imprisonment of more than two years.
■ Persons who are fugitives of justice—for example, the subject of an active felony or misdemeanor warrant.
■ An unlawful user and/or an addict of any controlled substance; for example, a person convicted for the use or possession of a controlled substance within the past year; or a person with multiple arrests for the use or possession of a controlled substance within the past five years with the most recent arrest occurring within the past year; or a person found through a drug test to use a controlled substance unlawfully, provided the test was administered within the past year.
■ A person adjudicated mental defective or involuntarily committed to a mental institution or incompetent to handle own affairs, including dispositions to criminal charges of found not guilty by reason of insanity or found incompetent to stand trial.
■ A person who, being an alien, is illegally or unlawfully in the United States.
■ A person who, being an alien except as provided in subsection (y) (2), has been admitted to the United States under a non-immigrant visa.
■ A person dishonorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces.
■ A person who has renounced his/her United States citizenship.
■ The subject of a protective order issued after a hearing in which the respondent had notice that restrains them from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such partner. This does not include ex parte orders.
■ A person convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime which includes the use or attempted use of physical force or threatened use of a deadly weapon and the defendant was the spouse, former spouse, parent, guardian of the victim, by a person with whom the victim shares a child in common, by a person who is cohabiting with or has cohabited in the past with the victim as a spouse, parent, guardian or similar situation to a spouse, parent or guardian of the victim.
■ A person who is under indictment or information for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.

·
Banned
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i ask my self does any of those reasons fit me and i come up with no none of them fit me so thats why i assume yes

·
Banned
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
but the question is does the FBI consider a defered feloney a conviction. in texas it is NOT considered a conviction? i am so lost

·
Registered
94 Posts
You can legally own the gun they are just going to make it difficult, I have to buy at gun shows and from private party's, history related similar issues. Soon we will ALL be on a NO BUY list anyway!

Just buy private party.

I have been ID many times and nothing comes up, only if I try to buy with the form.

·
...all out of bubble gum
871 Posts
I'm sure a dealer wouldn't mind running your paperwork for a few bucks. Be honest, tell them you have questions about eligibility.

·
Registered
94 Posts
FBI see's it as a unconvicted felony, it will never go away PERIOD! You will be able to buy, it will just take a live human being to look at it, it just does not clear there automated system.

·
Banned
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what do you mean buy with the form... i want to go to a local gun shop pick out my gun and fill out the required papers

·
Registered
94 Posts
what do you mean buy with the form... i want to go to a local gun shop pick out my gun and fill out the required papers
Yes that's filling out a form and yes you can do it. It's just going to take a few days to a week for a human to approve it. I have had this problem for over ten years and have bought dozens of guns. If I cannot live without what's on the gun shop shelf it just takes a few days to a week!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Also you can get a class 3 and suppressors but not likely to get a CCW without a huge bond. Lucky for me anyone in AZ can carry concealed NO PAPERS required.

·
Banned
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i can deal with waiting a month if i have to i just feel the need to prep and protect my wife. she is the reason i changed my life.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i can deal with waiting a month if i have to i just feel the need to prep and protect my wife. she is the reason i changed my life.
COOL! Make your first purchase a hunting rifle, shotgun or .22 of some sort, once they approve the waiver other purchases will sail right through in a couple of days.

·
Banned
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i have access to fire arms but they are not in my name i just want one in my name and legal to go to the range and shoot ect. every time i go to shoot at my friends house i get scared on the way

·
Come and Take It!
11,642 Posts
hello i was arested 3 years back in (TEXAS) for
1. distrubution of a controled substance
2. distrubution of marijuana
3. false report to peace officer
now befor you judge me and eat me alive with how bad or stupid i am
i have changed i got married and am attending college and have never gotten in trouble since
i recived defered adjudification and my plea IS guilty but i completed my probation early and it has been dismissed NOT expunged
i called the atf and fbi in search of answeres and 1 lady said she dont see why i wouldent be if what i was saying is the truth
so according to the law i was not convicted but i am still worried that i might not be able to purchase a fire arm.
so my question is is there anyone out there that is in the similar boat as me and if so what were the outcomes
again please dont judge me i was stupid then and have changed so please forgive me for my wrongs (AGAIN I LIVE IN TEXAS)
Read Chapeter 48 of the code of criminal procedure and contact your closest Parole office once you have completed the requirements for a pardon investigation.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/CR/htm/CR.48.htm

·
Bushwacker
1,479 Posts
I think it's kind of stupid that even after serving your time for something like that you get out and you never gained anything out of the time being served but freedom. Why would the government let someone serve time and upon their release still hold them accountable for the crime. Isn't the punishment serving time?

Even non-violent crimes effect this. So don't be one of those guys that made a stupid mistake at the early age and has it haunt them for decades, cause the Gubberment don't like that kinda thang...forever.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts