Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
When I make rice, I always make a large batch. What I don't use, goes in the freezer. Never had problems. I do the same with dried beans that I cook.

·
Super Gassy Moderator
66,241 Posts
How long can it last before it effects taste?
I've never kept it in the freezer more than a month or so, myself. I think that it would freezer burn after a while, due to the air spaces between the grains. How that would effect it I don't know though.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Yeah we stick it in a freezer bag and freeze it. I guess the longest it's been in there is 2-3 months. Tastes just as good as freshly cooked... in fact even maybe a bit nicer? Just pour a kettle of boiling water over it slowly and it's ready to eat.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Oh, by the way, I'm sure most of you know this, but there's something which grows on cooked rice very quickly once it is cooked that produces a really bad toxin, so don't store cooked rice in the refrigerator.

·
Adaptable.
1,979 Posts
Not only can cooked rice be frozen, I find that is the best way to get nearly perfect texture to my fried rice. But my rice doesn't stay in the freezer for more than few days, before I fry it up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts