Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Padre of the holy weld.
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a camelbak and im trying to get it to work with my alice, does anybody know what to do?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Put it between the frame and pack or if going frameless in the radio pouch...you may have to lay it down. There was a link someware on here to show how. Someone will maybe chime in.

·
Padre of the holy weld.
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
radio pouch? Sorry i dont know to what your referring, there is only one pouch in the bag, that must be it. It wont sit strait up but im sure i could lay it sideways.

·
Padre of the holy weld.
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i got to playing with it and i came up with something. I took the shoulder straps of the camelbak and ran them through the top of the alice frame. its not great but it works.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
It will work but you need to sew in a hanger for it, unless you can epoxy in a pouch or something like that.

You can run the tube under the flap or through the radio antenna hole if it has one.

·
Padre of the holy weld.
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i cant strap it to the side cuz i have a shotgun scabbard on one side and a sks on the other. but on the top seams to work

·
Registered
80 Posts
True, but if you can simply place the camelback in the radio pouch inside the main compartment and that would work.
Use a piece of 550 through a grommet or something to hang the bladder inside the ruck. If the bladder is just lying in the pack it will eventually collapse and become blocked up.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a modified pack from London Bridges Trading Co that has a suspension system that holds 2, 3L bladders. They also sell the suspension on its own as the LBT-2168E, the system is made for very heavy loads, and it works very well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts