Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently took some much needed time off work and went camping at a few locations in Southeastern Ontario to clear my mind and recharge my soul. I spent one night at a provincial park that was totally dead, but the next day the park rangers charged me the full $35 for the night. I decided to leave and find some crown land to freely camp on. Thought I'd share a few pics. Feel free to comment.

·
Registered
390 Posts
The dog is the most curious thing ever! Looks like a great pooch. Wish I had friend(s) that would do something like this. All in all looks pretty much perfect.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She definitely is curious. She knows what the word "camping" means now and it gets her just as excited or more so than the phrase "dog park".

About as soon as I had my tent set up in each location she was on full alert for even the smallest sounds in the bush. She patrolled about a 150 foot radius of the tent and sure kept the raccoons and other critters at bay.

·
...all out of bubble gum
871 Posts
I'm envious! I loved packing with my Boxer, may he rest in peace. It's nice to camp with someone that doesn't feel the need to talk all the time.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
She's a 1yr old Cane Corso/Bull Mastiff cross. Being in the outdoors is heaven for sure, at least as close to it as we can get in this world. Especially when your camping in remote/deserted areas.

It's a Northern pike. I caught a few of them, and lost one that surfaced long enough for me to get a glimpse of, it looked to be at least 12lbs. :(

I plan to get out again in the near future as I just found out of a few pristine spots. I will definitely be getting some dog friendly bug spray as she was eaten up pretty bad by black flies and mosquitoes.

I also have a 6 month old registered Cane Corso that I need to get out in the wild. He's gonna be a big boy at 6 months he's 76.5lbs. He's 3 1/2 months in this pic.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks, and its only really bad after he gets a drink. He kind of gorges food and water and with the water the dish usually becomes empty and the floor surrounding it quite wet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts