Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started a group for anyone who wants to take these Dave Canterbury/Dual Survival/Cody Lundin/Joe Teti/Discovery
TV/DCH's to a more appropriate setting. Let's clean up this particular forum and get back to better stuff like talk about
gear and skills and experiences. I named the group "Camp Canterbury". All are welcome...friend & foe alike.

This stuff is beginning to die out anyway...I'd just like to stick the final knife into the pig already and get it over with.
I'm going to be posting everything I find out over there. And if we're lucky, some of the DCH's might rear their heads
and have at it with us. I'd LOVE to be able to talk to them about the whole Dave situation without the fear of being
banned or having posts edited & deleted that are favorable to Dave (not talking about the mods at SurvivalistBoards ;) ).

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
I like Dave, I learned quite a bit from his youtube channel and appreciate his Christian philosophy. I have purchased from his store.

·
Banned
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like Dave, I learned quite a bit from his youtube channel and appreciate his Christian philosophy. I have purchased from his store.
Me too. And as a Christian, my behavior has been a little atrocious regarding this whole thing, but I can't
stand bullies and I probably wouldn't have made a very good martyr 2,000 years ago. I have a big mouth.
I'm trying to follow Dave's example now of being reserved and on focusing more on things that matter.

:)

·
Get Out There
166 Posts
The last decent survival show was Les Stroud and prior to that it was Ray Mears. Im pretty much done with the last remaining fake/staged survival showes. Dual Survival is a joke now and wasnt that good to begin with and the other 2 were worse with B.G. and M. Hawke.

Stroud is busy with his music career and his family on his Off-Grid homestead in Canada. I just wish he would consider doing some specials or something sometime. Wonder what Ray is doing now days....

·
Banned
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The last decent survival show was Les Stroud and prior to that it was Ray Mears. Im pretty much done with the last remaining fake/staged survival showes. Dual Survival is a joke now and wasnt that good to begin with and the other 2 were worse with B.G. and M. Hawke.

Stroud is busy with his music career and his family on his Off-Grid homestead in Canada. I just wish he would consider doing some specials or something sometime. Wonder what Ray is doing now days....
The 2012 Season...

·
Resident hillbilly
312 Posts

According to Les on his Facebook page, he was just cleared to start filming more Survivorman episodes. I for one am anxiously waiting for more info on when they will be aired.

·
Aus Survival Instructors
478 Posts
You'll have to get Aussie "Mick" over here, he seemed to be most peeved that Cody had a 'hard on' for the new bloke.

And according to Mick, Dave could do everything in "1 second".

No offense to the Camp Canterbury crew here, but at the end of the day, it's JUST a TV show, everyone is getting their knickers in a twist about. It doesn't matter in the bigger scheme of things.

I'm sure Dave will grow on to become even more popular and successful now. You see, most people out in the real world are actually not moral bigots, and appreciate a persons humanity for being able to admit to making mistakes, this itself will make dave WAAAAAY more popular than the 'holier than thou' ex-mil dudes still out there, who feel Dave owes them something from back in the 80's.

I think it would be hilarious to see the exponents of the 'tall poppy' syndrome fail miserably, in their quest to destroy another mans livelihood.

Keep going strong Dave, and come down under some time soon. We support you.
http://www.aussiesurvivalinstructors.com/

1 - 19 of 19 Posts