Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Born a REBEL, not a Tory
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What camo do you use in your area of the country?
Do you use a different camo in summer than autumn, winter, or spring?

I use in the Pacific NW, OD green, and woodland camo in spring and summer, haven't thought to much about what I should use in fall or winter.

·
FlyLeaf Rocks!!
141 Posts
I use CADPAT Canadian Army Digital Camouflage for my area (Eastern Canada) in the Summertime. In the fall I usually use MossyOak or RealTree patterns with brownish and orange leaves.
I haven't given much thought into my winter camouflage either, but my next door neighbour has a great winter-camo outfit that I think I will buy.
I am currently trying to make my own ghillie suit out of a Camo Flight-suit for the spring/fall, but I am making slow progress.

·
Savage intellectual
1,866 Posts
Tiger stripe works really well here, as does RealTree. We only have one foliage season in South Florida - green palmetto scrub, sawgrass and occasional pine.

·
I drink your milkshake!
1,021 Posts
I like Marpat or cadpat for temperate woodland areas.

arid grassland and dusty dry regions or during the heat of summer, I use Multicam.

I don't own any mossy oak, but I have seen how useful it can be in the right environment.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Im in Colorado so I run multicam and coyote tan. I need to find some of those white snow covers for winter. Kinda like what they had in Red Dawn.

5.7mm

·
(not a) One Man Army...
1,032 Posts
Im in Colorado so I run multicam and coyote tan. I need to find some of those white snow covers for winter. Kinda like what they had in Red Dawn.

5.7mm
I love arctic gear but I cant find a lot of it.
One thing that I've really been trying to get a hold of is an AK with arctic furniture...

·
Super Moderator
12,059 Posts
Can't afford much duplication. Khaki is my choice for all around wear, city, rural, or wilderness. Does reasonably well in almost all terrains, and doesn't stick out in more than two or three.

·
Registered
233 Posts
the new marine corps woodland camo seem to me to be a good choice for alabama. plenty of browns and green.

have not bought any yet. but it is on my shopping list.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I use Tiger stripe here in the summer and realtree/mossy oak in the winter.The terrain here varies from place to place .tall pine/hardwood and thick under brush in the creek and river bottoms a little higher you run into patches of pine and nothing but hardwood

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
what are you all using this camo for, hunting? does it make that much of a difference? i just wear regular clothes. but im building a ghullie suit in case i ever want to hide from people.

·
Transplant
355 Posts
The camo I use for airsoft is usually a mix of OD and MARPAT, works reasonably well for Indiana. There is something to be said for adding vegetation to your wardrobe once in the field, also. Shape/Shine/Shillouette are the easiest give aways...

·
Diamond Dog
1,504 Posts
I use german flecktarn, works great up here in upstate NY.

·
Registered
188 Posts
If i was to use camo it would be Auscam, blends in virtually anywhere in this country, any sort of OD green, desert tan ect will do and wont draw much attention to you.

·
89' Supra Turbo 12.1 1/4m
89 Posts
digital desert here in utah. does ok when i go up on the mountains too but i like woodland up there better

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
It's hot, but I'm working on a ghillie suit right now from a flight suit base. I hope to have it done end of the year. As for uniforms, I use my ACU's from service.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts