Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put up a feeder about 2 months ago. Never could find much in the way of tracks around it. Put up a camera on it about 3-4 weeks ago. The first two weeks didn't get but one or two pictures of deer. Checked it yesterday again, routinely having 4 does (one mama and I think three yearlings) coming twice a day. This is 50yds from our back door. Loving it! As the days get longer, hoping to see them more in the evenings and morning when I can see them without the camera.

My other camera is set up on the back side of our property overlooking a watering hole. We call it a pond but it ain't. Just a dug out place that holds water most of the year (if we get rain), just enough for the deer to slip in and get a drink. If they can drink there, no need for them to go anywhere else. Seeing several single does and that same group of four. Catching my neighbors dog on both cams at different times. Funny, I got a pic of ONE pig, only one, must be a boar. Going one direction and two days later, coming back the opposite direction.

Got some great pics of different birds but I really like the ones of the road runner. Pics of an armadillo, a skunk and one ****. I'm gonna try to find a way to get after those three. Don't need any of them around.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I used to love using game cameras. Until I got some pictures of a huge 10 point buck with a 24" spread 28 yards from my bow stand,14 minutes after I left to go get ready for church on a Wednesday evening.
I finally got him in late December with a rifle. That buck drove me insane trying to time hime. Now I just like the pictures. Never use them to hunt with. I don't want to know what's out there that I missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds reasonable... I really just want to watch them and the turkeys come in to feed.
My cousin fed deer and turkey pretty much every day by hand for 28 years. Sometimes you would see 10-15 deer in his backyard at once, sometimes 30+ turkey at the same time! I have no real desire to see pigs... but at least if they are there, I'll be able to eliminate a few instead of just guessing if they are there and spending time in a tree. I want the deer to be comfortable enough that we can be in the pool and they will still be there to feed. That may take a while...

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
I love using my cameras. I always have two running round the clock on my property.

Even out of hunting season it's neat just seeing what all is out there.

Here is one of the oddest things I've seen, an albino skunk. I've never seen one with my own eyes but the camera caught a glimpse. (last year)

Here's a still from video, sorry it's kinda cruddy.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that is cool... never seen one like that. But then again the state scent of Oklahoma is "skunk". With all of the dead ones on the road, I'm surprised that any exist but they are literally everywhere. Once last fall on my way to work, in a 25 mile stretch of road there were 8 dead ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts