Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Yep, I've had that feeling for almost a year now and I agree the ball is a fallin. How long til it hits the floor is anyones guess, my bet it not long. I think early spring will be telling with 1st qt. #'s coming in etc.

·
Banned
9,294 Posts
Is this all you doom and gloomers ever talk about?

I'm feelin' it too. This can't end pretty.

:xeye:

·
Registered
402 Posts
If I had a dollar for every time someone has said the S##t is about to hit the fan I'd already have my Rawles style retreat with Nuke shelter, bug out Chopper, full arsenal of hardcore firepower, and a hot tub..... But that said.... Things are definately looking dodgy out there, with no obvious soulutions, so somethings got to give.

·
Registered
33,082 Posts
The simple truth is....no one knows!

We can only look at the storm clouds and wonder whats going to happen and prep and be ready...........just in case!

We could be looking at a prefect storm, I believe the biggest threat is a financial collapse
that I can't see how it can be fixed. Our federal government is 12 trillion in debt and will be facing massive falling revenues along with huge increases in services, at the same time for the first time we have foriegn banks giving us a 2nd look at our spending habits.

The other head of this two headed monster is the condition of our individual States .
California – Budget shortfall: 49.3%

"California topped all states for the magnitude of its budget shortfall in fiscal year 2010, both in dollars and in share -- in this case, nearly half -- of its general funds, which pay for most state operations."

Arizona – Budget shortfall: 41.1%
Like many states, "Arizona's lawmakers relied on one-time fixes to balance its budgets instead of making long-term changes," the report said. Lawmakers were still wrestling with a $1 billion gap in this year's budget in October.

Rhode Island – Budget shortfall: 19.2%
On top of its poor record of fiscal management, "Rhode Island constantly ranks near the top of states with the highest unemployment rates, and last year it had the highest home foreclosure rate in all of New England."

Michigan – Budget shortfall: 12.0%
"Two of the Big Three Detroit-based automakers went bankrupt in 2009, sending shockwaves through a state that is on track to lose a quarter of it jobs this decade."

Nevada – Budget shortfall: 37.8%
"Nevada's unique gaming-based economy is in jeopardy, as is its state budget that relies on gambling sales to provide 60% of its revenues."

Oregon *– Budget shortfall: 14.5%
"State revenues plummeted 19% between the first quarter of 2008 and the first quarter of 2009, a reflection of Oregon's heavy reliance on income taxes," the report said. Voters have rejected adding a sales tax nine times, thwarting attempts at creating a new source of state revenue.

Florida – Budget shortfall: 22.8%
"For the first time since World War II, Florida's population is shrinking. This is a disturbing revelation for a state that has built its economy -- and structured its budget -- on the assumption that throngs of new residents will move to its sunny shores each year."

New Jersey – Budget shortfall: 29.9%
"New Jersey is playing catch-up after years of fiscal mismanagement and a daunting structural imbalance between what it collects and what it spends."

Illinois – Budget shortfall: 47.3%
"Since the last recession earlier this decade, the state piled up huge backlogs of Medicaid bills and borrowed money to pay its pension obligations," the report said. The 2010 budget shortfall topped $13.2 billion, among the worst in the nation.

Wisconsin – Budget shortfall: 23.2%
"Wisconsin's history of budget shortfalls and pattern of borrowing frequently to cover operating expenses, among other measures, made it poorly positioned to weather the most recent severe economic downturn."

·
Rogue
1,617 Posts
Our federal government is 12 trillion in debt and will be facing massive falling revenues along with huge increases in services, at the same time for the first time we have foriegn banks giving us a 2nd look at our spending habits.

The other head of this two headed monster is the condition of our individual States .
In addition to individual states there are also the local and county governments who collectively represent the bulk of the munibond market which is on shaky ground. We have a continued deterioration in the commercial real estate market as well. Finally, there are a number of sovereign funds which are in trouble including Dubai, Greece, Spain, Ireland just to name a few. But Italy and the UK aren't that well off either.

There is still a great deal of debt to unravel before this is over. TPTB are simply shifting the debt up the ladder.

I have a feeling that we will actually see the dollar strength for a short period of time as an international currency crisis is likely to send the herd fleeing to dollars for safety. But it wont last long.

·
Banned
6,670 Posts
The only question that remains is not if but when. In the last year, the biggest efforts in human history were made at "resuscitating this dying patient". In my opinion, all they managed to do is keep a comatose patient on artificial respiration. They should have let him go last year, when "he" was pronounced clinically dead.

The only thing left at this point is to admit that "he's" not coming back...and eventually pull the plug. It will be very hard for all the "family members" who were fooled into thinking that "he" was actually saved.

·
Keeper of Tomes
1,704 Posts
I've seen this post in many forms since Y2K. Same ol' doom and gloom. It seems like a lot of you are not happy unless you feel there is an imminent crisis. I'm sorry you guys have to live your life like this.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I've seen this post in many forms since Y2K. Same ol' doom and gloom. It seems like a lot of you are not happy unless you feel there is an imminent crisis. I'm sorry you guys have to live your life like this.
I wish I didn't also BUT If you cant see whats certainly coming Then I feel sorry for You...It's a Fact that the financial system is toast...It is being propped up by all tricks and means possible.when they run out of accounting Tricks the Jig is up...This situation is dire and The Clowns in Washington keep on printing MASSIVE paper And Massive spending probably because they know It is going down the drain anyway SoooooooooN so why not have one last BIG spending spree,Some Health care that is taxed now and does not take effect for 4 years lol.It's like a dying man who wants to go to Vegas on his worthless check book and credit cards and live it up before he crokes in a month and the bills come due.What does he care? 2010 will not be pretty.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
I wish I didn't also BUT If you cant see whats certainly coming Then I feel sorry for You...It's a Fact that the financial system is toast...It is being propped up by all tricks and means possible.when they run out of accounting Tricks the Jig is up...This situation is dire and The Clowns in Washington keep on printing MASSIVE paper And Massive spending probably because they know It is going down the drain anyway SoooooooooN so why not have one last BIG spending spree,Some Health care that is taxed now and does not take effect for 4 years lol.It's like a dying man who wants to go to Vegas on his worthless check book and credit cards and live it up before he crokes in a month and the bills come due.What does he care? 2010 will not be pretty.
so in July of 2010 when people are still posting about the end being around the corner, may I call you a fool?

·
Keeper of Tomes
1,704 Posts
You have no idea how many times someone has written nearly the exact same paragraph to me. Clinton taking away 2nd amendment rights, Y2K, Peak Oil, 9/11, War in Iraq, spreading race riots, blacks rioting over Obama, swine flu, 2012, and on and on and on. All those problems were solved. The doom and gloomers were proven wrong as usual. This is why the Survivalist Community is looked upon as nutjobs. Its why our ideas and principles will never catch on. Its the single most damning thing we do. Its ridiculous.

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
No you just alienate more people with your nutjob predictions.

That was a little over-the-top, wasn't it,bro? :confused:
Gerald Celente and Peter Schiff were nearly laughed off the set,numerous times,when they predicted last year's crash, yet they were proven right. And they didn't do it by making wild-eyed,"nutjob predictions", they merely read the signs.
Our economy is a runaway train headed straight for a cliff. Their is no avoiding this, we can't spend or legislate or produce our way out of it.
If Justsurvivebaby is guilty of making "nutjob predictions", than he's in excellent company, with Schiff,Celente,and numerous of this forum's brightest members, including FranchiseKid,Sapper6,Aramcheck,Declan,etc.etc.

·
Keeper of Tomes
1,704 Posts
That was a little over-the-top, wasn't it,bro? :confused:
Gerald Celente and Peter Schiff were nearly laughed off the set,numerous times,when they predicted last year's crash, yet they were proven right. And they didn't do it by making wild-eyed,"nutjob predictions", they merely read the signs.
Our economy is a runaway train headed straight for a cliff. Their is no avoiding this, we can't spend or legislate or produce our way out of it.
If Justsurvivebaby is guilty of making "nutjob predictions", than he's in excellent company, with Schiff,Celente,and numerous of this forum's brightest members, including FranchiseKid,Sapper6,Aramcheck,Declan,etc.etc.
It might have been a little over the top. However, some of the members you listed make predictions all the time. Your bound to be right eventually. However, you have to see the damage this does to our community. Its simply crying wolf. If you take to heart every prediction that comes out of this website, hell, the world would have ended a dozen times already. Its damaging and one of the main reasons no one takes our cause seriously.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
LOL :upsidedown:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts