Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to ask you if any of this behavior regarding firearms is familliar to you. I know everyone fools around in the military- but the level of sheer arrogance and complacently regarding these firearms really makes me feel a bit queasy.

·
Aquaholic
4,905 Posts
@ 1:31 he had his finger in the trigger guard when he racked the slide.......

Reactions: Dwind

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
I could relate a few very sad stories of Soldiers/Marines goofing around and killing their buddy. I know Soldiers will be Soldiers, but this is irresponsible behavior and should be corrected immediately. I always correct muzzle control/direction, fingers on triggers (when not engaging a target) and safeties. Let me just say that if those were troopers under my command, they would get an ass-whooping. A good friend of mine was on a court martial case where two Soldiers were screwing around and one ended up with the back of his head missing...not only does the other Soldier have to live with that for the rest of his life, he was sent to prison for manslaughter. Most accidental firearm deaths are from "unloaded" guns...this video doesn't represent the majority of Soldiers and Marines that much more disciplined.

ROCK6

·
Registered
111 Posts
I don't see it as a big deal. The same attributes that make young Marines the hardest-hitting military in the world, are the same attributes that make them this playful.

Is it smart? Of course not, but then again putting yourself in the line of fire isn’t smart either. Considering the fact they can be killed at any moment, this is the least of their problems.

·
1,794 Posts
Stupidity and carelessness are eternal and knows no boundaries. 40 years ago I witnessed a grenadier fire his thumper (M79) straight up in the air and a careless grunt who injured a comrade by not being aware of the backblast area of the LAW he was firing.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i think im gonna have to sage my own thread here...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Young guys tend to do stupid stuff... because they are young and don't think like the old farts who have been around long enough to know better (because they did stupid stuff when they were young and it HURT enough for them to remember).

The good news is that is why we have sargents...to fix those problems.

·
eibweN
374 Posts
I was stupid once too, not that stupid though. Soldiers should always respect their weapons, and those @$$ clowns don't. Those things aren't toys, and shouldn't played around with as such. IMHO

·
high on truck stop coffee
17,690 Posts
bad behavior..

Pointing the muzzle at the cameraman..??A big no-no.!!...these cowboys have yet to see results of accidental discharge death/injury,if they keep up these antics it's just a matter of time 'till they kill a squadmember,then have to deal with lifelong grief...and the UCMJ....:(

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
I was stupid once too, not that stupid though. Soldiers should always respect their weapons, and those @$$ clowns don't. Those things aren't toys, and shouldn't played around with as such. IMHO
What they probably didn't think about is that their stupidity will linger on forever. Its on the internet and hence all over the world for anyone to see. Some day when they grow up they will regret this!

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
...pure stupidiy. embarasment to military everywhere.
Look at how soldiers are dressed, act and handle their weapons and you can tell how professional they are.
Now having had the honor and pleasure of working with the USMC I know for a fact that this isn't representative behavior for that fine fighting formation, but rather immature behavior from a few individuals who didn't pay as much attention as they should have at boot camp.

·
Certifiable
723 Posts
These guys are on stand down from combat. I as one will not be so arrogant as to judge them.

“The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!”

Eleanor Roosevelt

1 - 20 of 35 Posts