Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
The Power of the Glave
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The "greenies" are just getting crazier and more heavy-handed. A bill has been introduced in the California legislature to ban small gas-burning engines. As "sources of greenhouse gasses". All in the name of their "climate-change" religion:

So--all you dads out there who want to get your kids the fun of a mini-bike, you can tell Junior to just forget about it!

These climate-change fanatics must be the most sour and fun-hating people on the planet. Even denying little kids the joy of tootling-around on a minibike.

He can spend his time instead, on using push manual lawn mowers to cut your lawn. And sweep up all those grass clippings entirely by hand.

He can spend his time and energy pushing one of these instead:

·
Retired curmudgeon
19,649 Posts
I don't like being "told" what I can and can't do with my internal combustion engine powered tools and toys and I'm not about to give them up willingly.

However, rechargeable electric string trimmers, chainsaws and lawnmowers are gaining in popularity simply because the gas ones are such a pain in the ass when after sitting over a winter, they refuse to start. Recently I dug out my little gas chainsaw to do some limbing of a tree so I could put up a EFHW radio antenna. That stubborn POS with the they-only-work-when-new pumper carb would not start. I had a brain fart and retrieved my rechargeable Ryobi 'sawzall' with a coarse wood blade and got the job done. My friend just ditched his gas lawnmower and bought a rechargeable electric one for the same reason. He gets about 20 minutes run time which is just barely enough.

I have a big ass Cub Cadet riding lawn mower because that's what it takes to mow this place so no electric replacement for that beast. Also all my IC motorcycles and ATVs aren't going anywhere.

As for the kid in the picture, electric mini bikes will be the next big thing. And that helmet is so big I wonder how he holds his head up.

·
Retired curmudgeon
19,649 Posts
A bill has been introduced in the California legislature to ban small gas-burning engines.
These people are just plain stupid. If you want people to rise up against you, start banning ****.

If they had a brain cell among them they would allow the market and technology to achieve their aims for them. Rechargeable electric tools are fantastic! Who doesn't have cordless drills, saws, string trimmers, leaf blowers and all the rest? The good ones' batteries last plenty long while the other battery is in the charger.

The best part about replacing your gas weed eater, chainsaw, leaf blower and lawn mower is the new found silence. The very best part is not having to deal with pre-mix and tools that refuse to start. I absolutely love my EGO string trimmer. I might, might, try and rebuild the carb on my 14" Homelite chainsaw. I still have my Husqvarna Rancher but I haven't had to use it for years.

·
Born 120 years too late.
5,572 Posts
WE HAVE a 40V Ryobi lawnmower the wife uses to mow the fenced in yard
the rest we do with a garden tractor.

I have 3 chainsaws and a RYBI 40v chainsaw It has torque, and it will cut, but it really lacks the guts/brawn of a STIHL of equivalent bar size. It binds easily and odds are if you bind is it will throw the chain
so
I don't use it for trees or cutting real wood, it is more for cleanup when big limbs fall.
on the plus side
it is nice no matter the weather, it will run when you hit the trigger.

·
Born 120 years too late.
5,572 Posts
NEVER HAPPEN..
is EXTREMELY RACIST..

You realize this is a DIRECT RACIST ATTACK on alien gardeners and lawn people EVERYWHERE
All those yard people are gonna be deprived of employment because they won't be able to run all those tools they need to make a living.

Where are the protesters and marchers???????????????????

·
The Power of the Glave
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As for the kid in the picture, electric mini bikes will be the next big thing. And that helmet is so big I wonder how he holds his head up.
An electric--powered minibike? Where's the fun in that for a kid? Compared to the roar and raw, visceral power of a gas engine?

·
Large Caliber Man
220 Posts
I do have a DeWalt electric weed eater, and it’s awesome. Lightweight and a 5 amp battery lasts me a long time. I got tired of messing with fuel mix and spending an hour each spring tying to get my gas one to run. I also have all of the DeWalt 20v batteries already.

·
Registered
622 Posts
An Australian car reviewer I watch did a great video not too long ago about the real cost of electric cars and made a ton of great points. Some of those apply to all electric stuff because almost all of it runs on lithium ion batteries and they are very dirty to manufacture.

That said, my lawnmower is the only non-electric tool I have left. Everything else - trimmer, small chainsaw, corded and cordless drill/drivers, etc. are all electric. I've even thought about selling the lawnmower and buying an electric one but the damn thing starts every time despite me not really maintaining it like I should, lol. And it does bagging, side discharge, and mulching so it pretty handy.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts