Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought this would be a useful thread for those considering relocation which appears to be an increasing number of people at this juncture. Personally given the fire situation I would recommend to people that they avoid heavily wooded areas. Smoke can be just as dangerous as fire too. Right now, Los Angeles County is getting increasingly dangerous due to the woke DA Gascon who sides with the criminals more than the victims. Hopefully he will be recalled.

Aside from that the city of San Bernadino is by and large a hell hole. Some nice spots, but too few and far between. Will add additional thoughts as I have the time. Hopefully others will share their insights as well.

·
Storyteller
5,026 Posts
funny thing about Kalifornistan.. You just don't grasp what a living hell hole the entire state is until you leave it then come back to visit. I personally would never go back there for any reason and certainly would not relocate there.
Like x 10000

CA is a place you leave, not visit or live there, ever.

·
"eleutheromaniac"
4,154 Posts
I would avoid Anchorage, Alaska. It was wonderful 50-55 years ago. But by the start of the construction of The Trans-Alaska Oil Pipeline, it had changed.

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
I was born and raised here. There are still red counties that don't put up with the lefts bs. Mine is 1.
I was just in Crescent City, which is just below the Oregon border and on the coast. We spent several days there doing the redwoods thing. It wasn't my choice but my kid is back from school and it was her wish. Anyway, CC seemed to be pretty red. It's a sleepy little town but right in the heart or downtown was a bright and shiny Republican HQ. I didn't see a lot of derelicts either and the streets were spotless. I also saw a bunch of Trump bumpers tickers along with a Reagan/Bush one. I thought it was funny that there almost as many Cali plates there though as back in the Portlandia metro....
Would I move there? No, it's in Cali.

1,426 Posts
I was just in Crescent City, which is just below the Oregon border and on the coast. We spent several days there doing the redwoods thing. It wasn't my choice but my kid is back from school and it was her wish. Anyway, CC seemed to be pretty red. It's a sleepy little town but right in the heart or downtown was a bright and shiny Republican HQ. I didn't see a lot of derelicts either and the streets were spotless. I also saw a bunch of Trump bumpers tickers along with a Reagan/Bush one. I thought I was funny that there almost as a any Cali plates there though as back in the Portlandia metro....
Would I move there? No, it's in Cali.
I grew up in the 299 corridor (if you can call it that), and spent a lot of time in CC. It was a nice place, still a bit too blue for my liking. Too many of the loggers and fisherman got regulated out of the area and replaced by SoCal nut jobs looking for somewhere to retire.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Thought this would be a useful thread for those considering relocation which appears to be an increasing number of people at this juncture. Personally given the fire situation I would recommend to people that they avoid heavily wooded areas. Smoke can be just as dangerous as fire too. Right now, Los Angeles County is getting increasingly dangerous due to the woke DA Gascon who sides with the criminals more than the victims. Hopefully he will be recalled.

Aside from that the city of San Bernadino is by and large a hell hole. Some nice spots, but too few and far between. Will add additional thoughts as I have the time. Hopefully others will share their insights as well.
Avoid ant place west of the Nevada/California line.

·
Basket of deplorables
3,941 Posts
There are far more places you can go that are very low crime with great grounded folks than not within California. The issue is the big cities get all the fame when it comes to the issues in that state. In fact once you leave the cities almost everywhere is very deep red that detests the rest of the state. As to places you might wish to avoid in California it's fairly easy. Anywhere that has a Martin Luther King Blvd or Caesar Chavez way freeway off ramp. Look for concertina wire around the freeway signs or graffiti along the freeways. If you travel to any of the sight seeing areas do not leave anything visible on the inside of your vehicle to include hotels, motels and restaurants.

·
Registered
Loaded
130 Posts
I was born and raised here. There are still red counties that don't put up with the lefts bs. Mine is 1.
Same here,native American originally from Tuolumne Rancharia ,Tuolumne county commiefornia..Yes commiefornia does suck with all its rules and there is a danger from fires,floods,earthquakes,an if ya go to any big city watch out for homeless,gangbangers,an where you step :poop:..Up in the foothills is pretty Red with some blue movin in,here in the grass valley area its getting real blue an as usual they are trashin the whole county,even the chance of a fire doesn't keep em away.Now for those who will never come here,well you are missing the prettiest gals anywhere.."California Girls'' songs are writtin bout them....An even at 74 I still appreciate them..And in the red foothills we don't really follow most rules...:cool:

·
Bug-In Prepper
2,111 Posts
The risk of wildfire increases dramatically north of Santa Rosa.

In the South Bay region, avoid Oakland and East Palo Alto for their violent crime.

(Palo Alto is nice, but East Palo Alto is effectively Oakland. The two have nothing in common except for an unfortunate similarity of names).

Most of California is okay, if expensive. If you're looking for a nice laid-back vacation destination, I recommend Santa Cruz.

·
Survivor
19,004 Posts
Whatever You do, stay away from Stockton! Our youngest son was with the Stockton PD for several years. His mother made the mistake of asking him if he had ever had to pull his gun. He looked at her incredulously and said "every day". He was also involved in the bank robbery chase that ended up with at least one hostage killed. He took a bullet to the windshield right in front of his face, fortunately it glanced off.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts