Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just before the dry-fire of Y2k, I had been looking for some form of holster for my Calico 9mm. I have the pistol version, and in addition to the sling (see the attached), thought it might be more supportive and involve less fatigue to have it hanging from a belt and perhaps strapped to my leg. If you own one and have looked, or take a look on the internet and see, there really isn't (at least there wasn't around that timeframe) anything available, so I made one! It is VERY rough, as you can see, but is also very functional. I added a leg strap, and even made a hinge for greater mobility at the hip.

Of course it isn't "combat tested" :D: but it is made out of holster-grade leather and tough as nails!

Just wanted to share my little project. I guess it goes to show that if you can't find what you want as a manufactured product, why not try and make it!

Later
Calico 9mm.jpg
Calico Holster.jpg
Calico Holster bolt handle detail.jpg
Calico Holster hinge.jpg
Calico Holster filled.jpg

·
Por la gloria!
539 Posts
Calico Firearms

Nice looking gun and holster. I have always been interested in Calico's firearms. Who couldn't love this?

I mean, besides the obvious downside that the magazines are outrageously priced (One, one-hundred round magazine is $157.00)....these firearms look awesome.

Anyone here ever owned some Calico weaponry?

·
Pull up your Dora panties
7,377 Posts
very nicely done, i love the pivot hinge

1 - 4 of 4 Posts