Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an interesting and possibly stupid question. Since some of our prep work revolves around goods and materials that have expiration dates and in an SHTF disaster situation you won't be able to go down to Wally World and pick up a calendar for the next year. How do you go about keeping track of the days/months/years etc long term? In a true disaster situation I probably wouldn't be as focused on the days and it might not end up being that big a deal. But when it comes to stored food's expiration dates, amount of time that gas has sat in the can with stabilizer, etc. Not keeping track of the passing of days may or may not be an issue.

Last week I was on vacation and this evening I'm getting ready to go back to work. And if it wasn't for my phone and computer I wouldn't know what today's date is lol... So that's what brought this up.

What's your thoughts.

-Ash

·
Station 44 - Ladder 751
400 Posts
Well me and the fiance have a calendar where we keep all important dates, appointments etc.. I would think I'd just take that and keep using it over and over?
Ya after a long time it would get off by a few days but you would be able to figure in the correct date..

Just make a little mark every day that passes and you don't get off track... THen the next year use a different color pen etc?

·
Chains keep us together.
22,136 Posts
HEY- this is a good post, how we gonna keep track of the days without watches?
Natures cycles will be fine for a lot of us and some might not care what day of the week it is anyway
but how we gonna know when football season starts?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I would just use the hords of fans heading back into the city for the upcoming season. But in all seriousness, you better figure out your planting season.

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,569 Posts
I figure on keeping a simple daily calendar on paper. Though after this thread, I might print up calendars for the next several years just to ease the transition. That's simple enough to do.

·
Anarchist/Animist Primate
5,771 Posts
HEY- this is a good post, how we gonna keep track of the days without watches?
Natures cycles will be fine for a lot of us and some might not care what day of the week it is anyway
but how we gonna know when football season starts?
I have a very cool sundial necklace that is quite accurate.

Between that and knowledge of the lunar cycle, keeping track of time shouldn't be a problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts