Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Back of beyond!
2,575 Posts
I know you're right. But, I haven't gone to Wally world for quite some time now. I am tired of supporting a company that sells low quality merchandise, so they can make big profits, and so we can save some pennies.
Cabelas may have higher prices on camping equipment, firearms and ammo, but they care about we sportsmen, and back up what they sell with great customer service. Also I have heard that the big shots at Cabelas are sportsmen themselves. (i cannot verify this though).

Cabelas also carries high quality tents, Walmart carries crap quality tents that don't last very long with frequent use. I prefer to buy my camping gear and other stuff at Cabelas!

·
Libertarian
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know you're right. But, I haven't gone to Wally world for quite some time now. I am tired of supporting a company that sells low quality merchandise, so they can make big profits, and so we can save some pennies.
Cabelas may have higher prices on camping equipment, firearms and ammo, but they care about we sportsmen, and back up what they sell with great customer service. Also I have heard that the big shots at Cabelas are sportsmen themselves. (i cannot verify this though).

Cabelas also carries high quality tents, Walmart carries crap quality tents that don't last very long with frequent use. I prefer to buy my camping gear and other stuff at Cabelas!
Thanks for your reply, I'm not stating a fact I'm asking if anyone knows-I'm not so sure!:)

·
Doubts Most Everything
5,618 Posts
As far as the basic 10/22 carbine with wood stock, it's seldom that any brick and mortar undersells Wally's. On other configs that Wally may or may not regularly have, sometimes ****'s, Academy, or even BendMeOverGanderMountain might undersell them by 10 bucks max, or add a scope for same price; usually see this around xmas, most of the time.

CDNN seems to have a special relationship with Ruger, though, and sometimes you can beat Wally's price on certain models, even after paying shipping and FFL transfer fee. And for the Ruger Mini 14, you can always beat Wally's price on the basic Ranch model (only one I've ever seen Wally's carry) with CDNN.

- OS

·
Armed Border Collie
5,901 Posts
Cabellas has a sale on their rifles a few times a year, they vary what items they advertise, but I have seen the 10-22. That would be the time to pick one up. Wal-mart almost never puts firearms on sale. Wal-mart also has prices that are generally average when it comes to low volume/high paperwork items like firearms. Their business model is keyed on grinding out a small margin on high volume items or high traffic items like flat screen TVs.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Yes that would be fair to say.

And for all the Wal-Mart haters, better check your 401k. I'll bet you own a slice of Wal-Mart/ aka satan's own stock.

·
Doubts Most Everything
5,618 Posts
Yes that would be fair to say.

And for all the Wal-Mart haters, better check your 401k. I'll bet you own a slice of Wal-Mart/ aka satan's own stock.
We probably have about as many jobs in distributing and selling Chinese products as we have lost to Chinese manufacturing.

We were already beginning to see the decline in US manufacturing jobs before NAFTA. Simple fact that technology has allowed fewer of us to produce more, especially in the unskilled labor sector.

- OS

·
•--• • •- -•-• •
3,028 Posts
Thanks for your reply, I'm not stating a fact I'm asking if anyone knows-I'm not so sure!:)
You're on the internet - why not check the prices yourself? Or almost as easy - call each store? Why wouldn't you do that anyway? Just asking. Good luck.

·
Registered
556 Posts
its worth the $10+ more to me NOT to shop at Walmart. They are the last place I go for anything and usually only because I need something quick or an emergency. That being said I always price shop online now; Buds, Impact, Cabelas, Bass Pro, ****'s, Gander Mountain, CTD, SportsmansGuide- all before Wally World. I did drop in there last night to look over their fishing supplies at around 11:45 pm- where else you going to find stuff at that hour???

·
Banned
3,508 Posts
Perhaps you should check several sources including Davidson's for prices on Ruger guns. I buy most of my commercial guns from a local dealer instead of a big box store.
+1 on Davidson's. It's the first place I check when shopping for a new weapon. You can do it on line from the comfort of your home. You can check several dealers in your area for the best price. And best of all, every firearm you buy from them, regardless of brand, comes with a Lifetime Free Replacement Warranty, just like a Craftsman tool. No one else in the industry offers such an excellent warranty on firearms.

If you check every other place that sells firearms, including Cabela's, Bass Pro, or Wal-Mart, all of them have a sign over the counter, "All Firearms Sales Are Final". Not Davidson's. I'm surprised more people don't shop there. You simply can't beat a warranty like that. Bill T.

·
Banned
4,937 Posts
Cabella's will match the price of any other retailer.
Only you have to ask.

When I was in AZ the matched the price of some 'schmenkies' being sold at J&G in Prescott.
The discount was 50%.
I just showed them the print out from the internet and no problemo.

I always do the same with Pro Bass--and yes they give me the lesser price.

It's more fun to purchase at either Pro Bass or Cabella's--than China-mart.

ST

·
Banned
3,508 Posts
Cabella's will match the price of any other retailer.
Only you have to ask.

When I was in AZ the matched the price of some 'schmenkies' being sold at J&G in Prescott.
The discount was 50%.
I just showed them the print out from the internet and no problemo.

I always do the same with Pro Bass--and yes they give me the lesser price.

It's more fun to purchase at either Pro Bass or Cabella's--than China-mart.

ST

Try doing it with 9 MM FMJ ammunition. They won't. Wal-Marts price is just $10.47 a box for Federal Champion 9 MM 115 gr. FMJ ammuntion. All day every day. Cabela's has nothing close to it until they sell that Hungarian MFS crap on sale. They won't match item for item, dollar for dollar, the way Wal-Mart will. They can't because they don't have Wal-Marts buying power. Yes, they'll trade you Federal for POS MFS, or else Sellier & Belliot, but not for Federal. Bill T.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts