1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
This government has been borrowing and spending like there is no tomorrow,they have sold off are gold reserves,raided pensions and now they think they can get us out of this mess by borrowing more and spending more.

The way they reduced unemployment says it all,they created thousands of jobs in the public sector by making government a monster,just check out how many government departments there are and how many quango's they have set up.

People seem to have fallen for Gordon browns BS that he is the man that can save the country,yet he is the man that put us here in the first place as he was chancellor of the Exchequer for ten years before he became PM.

We will have to wait and see if its the end of the world for the UK.LOL

The unemployment rate is hitting the two million mark.

I think its time for a change here and a new government,what we have now is an unelected PM in-charge of a financially and morally bankrupt Government.

·
Whippersnapper
2,664 Posts
I dont know what to say... we are in poor shape to say the least.
Our money is not backed up by anything, i dont understand why people are surprised that it is worthless. I learned in school that money is only a 'promice' its actual worth is the gold that it is equivalent to
"I promice to pay the bearer on demand the sum of £xx"
Brown i think has been worse than Blair was (and that takes some doing), and im not sure whether any new government will be able to put right his wrongs.

Reactions: AncientBrit

·
Prepping = life insurance
1,458 Posts
So funny to hear about us squabbling over who owes who what when both nations are basically run by their respective central banks.... and can only pay down their debts in money/currency that is essentially debt itself!

Bankers have accomplished with money what physics cannot accomplish with matter.... Perpetual debt machines!

·
1,458 Posts
I dont know what to say... we are in poor shape to say the least.
Our money is not backed up by anything, i dont understand why people are surprised that it is worthless. I learned in school that money is only a 'promice' its actual worth is the gold that it is equivalent to
"I promice to pay the bearer on demand the sum of £xx"
Brown i think has been worse than Blair was (and that takes some doing), and im not sure whether any new government will be able to put right his wrongs.

·
Whippersnapper
2,664 Posts
So funny to hear about us squabbling over who owes who what when both nations are basically run by their respective central banks.... and can only pay down their debts in money/currency that is essentially debt itself!

Bankers have accomplished with money what physics cannot accomplish with matter.... Perpetual debt machines!
At least you guys can run for the hills! our population density is far to high. You guys have other options.

Reactions: resolver

·
1,458 Posts
At least you guys can run for the hills! our population density is far to high. You guys have other options.
:( sorry to hear about that.... there are other realities in the UK that we don't have to face (yet?) here in the US either....

1) Virtual ban on all firearms
2) London-like levels of surveillance

:(

·
Whippersnapper
2,664 Posts
:( sorry to hear about that.... there are other realities in the UK that we don't have to face (yet?) here in the US either....

1) Virtual ban on all firearms
2) London-like levels of surveillance

:(

"British Levels" of survaillance more like.
I live in a town with a population of around 60,000. there are cameras EVERYWHERE. some of them even have loud speekers attatched so that the operators can shout orders at you like "Get off your bike!" and "you eating a chocolate bar, pick up that litter!"
I am proud to be British and will always be an English Man, but I am frantically trying to find a country worth (or possible to) emmigrate to. Does America need any more hard working hunting enthusiasts?:upsidedown:

Reactions: resolver

·
1,458 Posts
"British Levels" of survaillance more like.
I live in a town with a population of around 60,000. there are cameras EVERYWHERE. some of them even have loud speekers attatched so that the operators can shout orders at you like "Get off your bike!" and "you eating a chocolate bar, pick up that litter!"
I am proud to be British and will always be an English Man, but I am frantically trying to find a country worth (or possible to) emmigrate to. Does America need any more hard working hunting enthusiasts?:upsidedown:
^^^ And I thought "Hot Fuzz" was just exaggerating for comic effect.... maybe it was not exaggerating much after all.

Sorry mate, we're just as screwed over here as well, about the only thing we've got is more woodlands to disappear to.

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
24,292 Posts
The UK is not bankrupt and we are not a banana republic.

The US was paid the remainder of the WW2 debt several years ago.
Of course your not a banana republic.... it's way to cold there to grow bananas... although I suppose they could be carried over by a swallow if they were migratory birds....:D:

·
Whippersnapper
2,664 Posts
about the only thing we've got is more woodlands to disappear to.
Thats good enough for me...

Oh, and v for vendetta is reality, only we have better technology. (they use 80s loudspeakers in the streets, we have ones that cost mutch more and are far more effective...)

[

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As the OP for this thread, I want to thank all of you for such candid and insightful replies. :)

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
UK has been bankrupt since WW2, i believe they still owe the US for the loans, if they dont then they just did pay them off....
Before you make snide comments about my Country you may like to do some research first.:rolleyes:

The UK has not been bankrupt since WW2 this is complete and utter rubbish,we have had a few boom times since then.

Are War debt to the USA was payed in full in 2006.

You get my BS flag of the week award.

Attachments

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
Of course your not a banana republic.... it's way to cold there to grow bananas... although I suppose they could be carried over by a swallow if they were migratory birds....:D:
you are wrong about bananas growing in the UK,we can grow root hardy outdoor bananas here.

It seems like a lot of unfounded assumptions are made about the UK on this site..

And by the way there are no cameras were i live because we voted on not having them,but the major city down the road has them.

The UK will pull through this recession just as we have done in the past,are towns were getting bombed to dust in WW2 and we had food rationing, we are still here.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.