Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
I have nothing to say
501 Posts
There's a couple guys I know that don't have any protection at home for themselves or their families. I'm picking up a handful of Nagant revolvers on the cheap. I think they'll make very nice Christmas gifts.

It's a little psycho to buy guns for people at Christmas maybe, but I have a couple two tree friends who have nothing. At least this gives them something.

·
Ding... Thanks for playin
4,922 Posts
I'll be your friend :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,556 Posts
Yep. If your buying guns, I'll be your new best buddy!

·
Registered
125 Posts
My wife keeps telling me every day that she thinks we should buy more guns. I keep remindinging her that it's more important to get ammo for the ones we have. Think buying guns for christmas is a bit extreme if done in fear of what might come. What I plan on getting for christmas for my son is a guitar and some well needed cloths. He has been begging us for a guitar and in a SHF situation it would keep us entertained at least for the first day or so until he starts driving us nuts with it. :p

·
Banned
2,077 Posts
I personnally don't celebrate this thing you call christmas but in the spirit of keeping with this thread I have bought guns and ammo for my less than fortunate friends. Funny thing is is now I'm the one unemployed and broke and they still don't have there own stuff and there working but I can only carry a couple and I need my six covered. Hey when I die I can't take them with me right.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I picked my brother up a lightly used, once fired remington 870 12 gauge for chirstmas. Paid next to nothing for it and already gave it to him just in case SHTF.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
I gave a Liberty .32S&W revolver to a friend last xmas. i bought it for 100 bucks, carries 7 in the wheel, and came with 2 boxes of ammo and a holster. pretty good despite that some of the bluing came off.

·
TrailBlazer
734 Posts
Hey... buddy!!! remember me from high school??? your long lost pal, that is defenseless and has nothing but a sling shot to protect myself and family with!!!:D::D::D:

·
Registered
488 Posts
You married a good woman!
I'm still looking for that special someone to give a wedding AK to.

My wife keeps telling me every day that she thinks we should buy more guns. I keep remindinging her that it's more important to get ammo for the ones we have. Think buying guns for christmas is a bit extreme if done in fear of what might come. What I plan on getting for christmas for my son is a guitar and some well needed cloths. He has been begging us for a guitar and in a SHF situation it would keep us entertained at least for the first day or so until he starts driving us nuts with it. :p

·
Suspect Everyone
225 Posts
They will not be happy

There's a couple guys I know that don't have any protection at home for themselves or their families. I'm picking up a handful of Nagant revolvers on the cheap. I think they'll make very nice Christmas gifts.
You checked the ammo for those lately? Sure, the gun itself is under $80, but the ammo is pushing $1 a round....50 cents is about the best deal you'll find. Can they afford to buy the ammo for it is the real question.

Better idea would be a Tokarev or CZ-52. Not too expensive ($150-175 ususally) and the ammo is about 10 cent a round.

Just my $.02 worth.

·
Registered
145 Posts
My husband bought me a Marlin 336 .30-30 for my birthday and he just put my Yule present on layaway... a Winchester 1200 Ranger 12 gauge. :D:

I suspect we'll also be buying each other ammo for Yule.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I bought my exwife a .380 auto purse gun for Christmas when we were married.
When our divorce turned rather nasty , I pulled the firing pin out of it and put it back in her purse.
If she still has it I wonder if she's figured out it wont fire ? It's been over 20 years.

·
Shooter
429 Posts
You checked the ammo for those lately? Sure, the gun itself is under $80, but the ammo is pushing $1 a round....50 cents is about the best deal you'll find. Can they afford to buy the ammo for it is the real question.

Better idea would be a Tokarev or CZ-52. Not too expensive ($150-175 ususally) and the ammo is about 10 cent a round.

Just my $.02 worth.
I am well aware of the oddball caliber of the nagant revolver but I heard they can fire .380's or something like that? That would be a cheap plinker if its true. Anyone here have a nagant revolver?

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
I knew someone who gave out SKS's back in the mid 90's when they were only $79 each. Not a bad gift since they are now going for a few hundred.

·
Registered
755 Posts

It's a little psycho to buy guns for people at Christmas maybe, but I have a couple two tree friends who have nothing. At least this gives them something.
While I am not going to say I have nothing, I just want you to know that if your really in the Christmas spirit I would love a Nagant too. :thumb:I have never had one of those and truly can't afford to purchase any at this time due to economic hardships since my wifes hospitilization.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Some people shoot 32 S&W longs but it will bulge and split cases. Others buy the 32ACPcylinder for them. They cost about as much as the gun but it's cheaper to feed. I never figured out why those cylinders were not chambered for 32 long in the first place.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
never had a problem with mine. .32 caliber S&W is stamped right on the frame

1 - 20 of 29 Posts