Survivalist Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
It will probably be the GP100. I see several NIB around for between seven and eight hundo. I can't see dropping much more for something that will see minimal use. Most of my range time is on my own range and is move and shoot USPSA/IDPA type shooting, or standing still timed exercises like the Bill Drill or Mozambique. About once or twice a year folks will come over and we'll do a "shoot a bunch of different guns" type range day. Those are fun days and a nice change up from most of my "training" type shooting. Whiles it's cool to bring out guns that make the others ooh and ahh on those range days, in this inflation and the tense times we're in I think the extra money for a Python, or even another pre-lock Smith, etc., is better invested into my other preps (or maybe gold). Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I forgot to update. When shopping around, I came across a new H&K P30L in .40 at a great price, and ended up getting that.
I know that's a completely different direction than I originally intended. I decided on consolidating my centerfire pistol chamberings down to 9 mm, .40, and 10 mm Auto. I reload for all 3, and have multiple pistols in each chambering (two is one, one is none). I have plenty of brass, primers, bullets, and powder. I sold my remaining .357 ammo and decided to concentrate on those three. Keeping it simple....
Lastly, I have a few other HK pistols and figured I couldn't go wrong adding another. I love the P30 so far. My only complaint is the SA reset is kind of long (even compared to my USP triggers). Might need the Grey Guns short reset kit.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts