Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend sent me this email.........

Ammo coding, what's next?

Again, this is not my work. It was sent to me by a Subscriber. (Many Americans are scared-to-death at what's coming....)

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and Indiana) requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacturer
in a data base of all ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what calibers. Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is coded.

Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011. (Including hand loaded ammo.) They will also charge a .05 cent tax on every round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more!

If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your gun!

This legislation is currently pending in 18 states:
Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington.

To find more about the anti-gun group that is sponsoring
this legislation and the specific legislation for each state, go to:

http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

Washington State

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documents/billdocs/2007-08/Pdf/Bills/House Bills/3359.pdf

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I just bought another 2,000 rounds. Didn't see any extra cost other that already high prices.
Hate to say this , but I don't need any more ammo. My guns would melt if I shot what I've got.....

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
they had this for a while now i thought a few states did pass it? yea it really bites they want us to get rid of what we got.i'm sure some ppl got ALOT invested in ammo.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
Sc is on the list, but the bill that was introduced will die in committee or our local senator who is a CWP colder will filibuster it and the Gov. here HATES expanding government and they'll have to add to the state law enforcement division when the money is desperately needed elsewhere, so he'll never sign it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Damn.
New York gets everything bad.
Cigarettes are nearly 7 bucks a pack here.
I only go to the Indian Res anyway. ;)

i agree i am a new york fellow and our gun laws SUCK. and 7 dollars a pack is cheap compared to here its 8 for a pack on long island and 9.50 in the city. What is the world coming to with this crap like do we really need this. Whats next the government is going to watch me go to the bathroom. I got ammo store, sealed and saved but i need more thanks for the update.

·
Registered
589 Posts
This has been out for quite some time now. I'm in PA and sent a few emails to my state representatives stating my concerns and why it wasn't a good idea. I was surprised to get a reply through snail mail a few weeks later from my local rep. He said he agreed with what I said and will not support the bill and feels like it will not pass, at least here in PA.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
This has been out for quite some time now. I'm in PA and sent a few emails to my state representatives stating my concerns and why it wasn't a good idea. I was surprised to get a reply through snail mail a few weeks later from my local rep. He said he agreed with what I said and will not support the bill and feels like it will not pass, at least here in PA.

Then I'll be moving there.:D:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Washington's HB3359 didn't get passed, though the gun-grabbers will certainly try again.

The cost in needed government-staff alone would not make it in our current economy. Way too much paperwork involved.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am afraid, that if the day ever comes, that in order to buy some ammo, I will have to give them my name and numbers, and be put into a database:

That I will NEVER buy any ammo again!

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
By that time, for me it will be by any means necessary. By that time Liberty has died, and it must be brought back to life. It's already dying...

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
One of the great fears of many of the moderate Democrats elected to Congress is legislation that will fuel a drive back home to oust them. Case in point is a guy like Chet Edwards in Waco Texas. Chet is a democrat in a republican district. He could be out in 2010 if he votes the wrong way.

·
RockOut w/ your GlockOut
745 Posts
We will have unsafe black market ammo everywhere. With tens of thousands of re loaders being thrown away and picked up by amateur drug dealers and dipshyts trying to make a profit.

Prohibition of any kind is proven to increase violence and this is a form of prohibition.

My friend told me about this awhile ago. Many manufacturers will shut down because they will not be able to afford the upgrades. Then The U.S. government will buy up almost all imported ammo for their "increased military strength", raising the cost to unbelievable heights if you can even find any. Eventually you will have to throw your gun at someone do defend yourself w/ it.

You don't have to get rid of all the guns if you can get rid of all the ammo.

·
Geriatric Gladiator
682 Posts
It certainly makes you wonder who is running the people who run the government and what do they have in mind for us.I see no possible up side to this kind of thing. It can only be used as a control measure to destroy the second amendment and turn us from citizens to subjects.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Yeah, I guess I better "destroy" my current uncoded ammo...buy carefully burying it in the ground where only I can find it again... :cool:

·
Registered
212 Posts
figures im in ill and i didntrealy have to look i was sure we were on the list i bet our govener is licking his lips at this one
went to our largest local gunshow yesterday looking for 38 and 9mm componets and guess what NOT A BULLET OR PRIMER TO BE FOUND ANYWHERE but people were carring ammo out by the case literaly the guy selling bulk ammo was swampped
and the prices were ridiculus the cheapest ar i saw was 1200 and it was apparently well used talked to the guy selling the ammo and he told me most are getting out of the buisnes because prices are to high check out some of the supplyers on line and youll find most callibers have more out of stock or backorders only listed on them

1 - 20 of 28 Posts