Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Silent Observer
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of the forum's South Florida members know where one might buy wheat at a local store (from lake Okeechobee to Miami/Homestead).

I know plenty of places online to buy it - so please, no need to provide links or suggestions for those. I'm looking to buy wheat locally, at a store (to avoid shipping) in South Florida.

I've tried looking online for places in SF, but no luck - maybe I'm just searching wrong, but not finding anything regardless.

Anyone?????? :confused:

Please and thank you :)

·
A country boy can survive
257 Posts
I would think any "local" wheat found in FL would be shipped in from other places. You would have better luck with oranges and sugar cane. lol.

·
Silent Observer
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually got hold of an old high school friend who has since started raising animals in West Palm Beach (very west) where there is still agriculture.

She gave me the names of some places up that way and in Loxahatchee that might have some - I'm going to give them a try. :thumb:

·
Homesteader
1,222 Posts
When I think of amber waves of grain, Florida does not spring to mind. lol

You might try your local walmart store in the baking aisle. They currently sell 50lb. bags of wheat, which nicely fit into one of the buckets I get from their bakery.

·
Silent Observer
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wal-mart in South Florida and Wal-mart in Nebraska are two completely different entities. There won't be any wheat at Wal-mart down here - but thanks.

·
I'll fix it
2,547 Posts
When I think of amber waves of grain, Florida does not spring to mind. lol

You might try your local walmart store in the baking aisle. They currently sell 50lb. bags of wheat, which nicely fit into one of the buckets I get from their bakery.
Yeah, more like amber waves of burning sawgrass.
I think I'll go with Emergency Essentials while it's on sale.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts