Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
scout
32 Posts
Looks good to me too.
I do not have one but your post has got me Looking at a rig like that now. A but pack and a water bladder would be perfect for me on day hikes/hunts.

thanks for the inspiration

·
Kibitzer
6,631 Posts
The condor is a cheaper brand of gear.
But, some folk swear by it.
Mine is the Fox recon butt pack. Looks the same.
Google for it, you'll find some forum posts about it.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I had a similar design made my a more high end manufacturer when I was in the army. I tried it a few times and ended up not liking it because I could no reach back and get into it due to the lid being too tight a fit. Same with the side pockets.
For me, I need to be able to get into a buttpack without having to take my LBE off. My favorite is the standard military issue one.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
That's a cheap copy of the one Eagle designed several years ago. They are very large and roomy. However, being a butt pack, access is harder than it should be. If you have old school duece gear, it's a good one IF you don't use a backpack.

·
I hate everyone equally !
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What im after is a simple bag that i can but on a single belt ( the totalweight of what im going to have on the belt is around 3 kg )

Thermalblanket
waterbotle
axe/or khukri
means to make fire
waterpurification
rainponcho
basic fishingkit
salt
basic medic
paracord
and some emergency food bars

The idea is a belt i can grab for a shorter trip away from the the bakpack ( like a day pack )

It dont matter if i need to take the belt of :)

The main thing i wonder is it compatible with aliceclips and how is it to walk around with ?

·
I hate everyone equally !
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all for your answer :)

I Just ordered the " Fox recon " and are eager to try it out on my " short trips "

1 - 9 of 9 Posts