Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
I think it really comes down to which model and/or options you are looking for. I like the Armalite best except for the magazine issue.
IMHO The worst problem with the AR 10 style rifles is that the uppers are not necessarily interchangeable between brands, keep this in mind if you intend to get ,say a 16 inch upper for defense and a 24 inch upper for long range shooting.

·
Opinionated old fart.
8,046 Posts
Historically, IMO Bushmaster barrels were much better than DPMS. Now, they are probably the same since owned by the same bunch and likely using the same machining. I think Armalite is the way to go, but thats me. Research the magazines that each one uses. Some use AR-10 mags(expensive, but now Magpul makes them for $20) , some use FAL mags(that used to be dirt cheap), and for a while DPMS used a proprietary mag.

DPMS = Craftsman
Bushmaster = Matco/Mac
Armalite = Snap-on

·
Registered
89 Posts
Historically, IMO Bushmaster barrels were much better than DPMS. Now, they are probably the same since owned by the same bunch and likely using the same machining. I think Armalite is the way to go, but thats me. Research the magazines that each one uses. Some use AR-10 mags(expensive, but now Magpul makes them for $20) , some use FAL mags(that used to be dirt cheap), and for a while DPMS used a proprietary mag.

DPMS = Craftsman
Bushmaster = Matco/Mac
Armalite = Snap-on
LWRC R.E.P.R. = Facom?

Where do you put the REPR in your analogy? I don't follow those rifle brands or tools too closely

·
Registered
997 Posts

DPMS = Craftsman
Bushmaster = Matco/Mac
Armalite = Snap-on
DPMS is far from Craftsman, lol :thumb:

·
Tactical Sommelier
1,081 Posts
Jeffrey,

I am wondering what you mean by Bushmaster = Matco/Mac since I have never heard of those companies, and also ArmaLite, I thought was a great producer, and also Snap-On is great producer, right? So where/how are you rating Bushmaster?

(I ask because I just bought my first AR, a Bushmaster, M4AK)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.