Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
V
21,713 Posts
Just showing off now aint ya?!? :D:
Looking good, you do the swirls on the handles yourself sticks or already inplace when you started forging? nice looking tools either way :thumb:

·
Earthwalker.
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just showing off now aint ya?!? :D:
Looking good, you do the swirls on the handles yourself sticks or already inplace when you started forging? nice looking tools either way :thumb:
I put the swirls on,thats the part of the knife you strike the flint with.

You can get just the flint strikers on there own.

This design is base on a knife from 200 years ago.

·
Earthwalker.
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
heres a couple more pics after a bit more polishing to the bevel.

It has a single bevel,no secondary or micro bevel.

This is the first time ive made a knife with a single bevel and it is as sharp as fcuk:eek:

Attachments

·
Earthwalker.
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Im slowly getting my kit together,ive got the water stone and grinding stone in one,i got a bargain on that as my friend never uses it so it is mine now.

the next piece of kit im after is the bench belt sander which also has a buffer on the other end..

Then its an anvil.

my knives will get a lot better as my kit gets more professional.:thumb:

I am going to start selling them.

Attachments

·
Earthwalker.
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CRAP!

No. Just kidding, I like it alot man. Might try to make myself one.
many a true word is said in jest.

Maybe you should have a go and maybe we will get to see some pictures of these elusive knives that you keep making.:D:

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Nice job Sticks65. YOur work is really nice. I went down today to look for a hand cranked grinding wheel. they used tohave them at Northern Tool. No longer carry them. Does Cumberland still keep them in stock? I need for for my trailer to sharpen Axe and tools.

·
Earthwalker.
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice job Sticks65. YOur work is really nice. I went down today to look for a hand cranked grinding wheel. they used tohave them at Northern Tool. No longer carry them. Does Cumberland still keep them in stock? I need for for my trailer to sharpen Axe and tools.
Cheers Bud.

I didn't even know that they still made hand cranked grinding wheels,it would be a good idea to have one though.:thumb:

I remember as a kid that my uncle had one on his farm in Ireland.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hand cranked grinding wheel is good because the wheel is big so the bevel is not very concave which is problem with electric operated small grinding wheels / wetstones. Good trick is to grind in side of the wheel if you want to make straight bevel.
I think belt sander is the best option for grinding bevels novadays.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts