Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone include a set of "Bump Keys" in their BOB for when the SHTF? Got mine on ebay b4 they restricted them. By the way, they WORK. :thumb:
By the way, you don't need the bump hammer. You can just use the handle of a screwdriver or a wooden spoon.
flea

·
cute is not always enough
2,232 Posts
I believe anyone has the right to own just about any thing they want. b&e tools are illegal to carry just about anywhere. if they find you with them it will surely mean a trip to the special camp. bump keys, picklocks, pry bars, bolt cutters... I will not be carrying any of these in my go bag.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Are you planning on 'busting open' other people's doors?
not randomly. I just meant if there was a locked door that I needed to get through for some reason after TSHTF, I would just break it open instead of bothering to try and pick the lock.

·
awake and aware
591 Posts
I have a set of 18 bumpkeys.
They'll open over 90% of door locks / deadbolts in the US.
I agree that doors will be just booted open in shtf, but I can easily see situations where having those keys would be of importance.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
I keep a full pick set w/ a pick gun and bump keys for houses and common cars as well. Never know if you'll have to get into a shed or take an abandoned car or use it for shelter.

·
How's it with stains?
283 Posts
I have two bump keys. The 500 model spits 00 buck and the Millenium Pro is .40 cal. The hammers on them work well to bump anyone who sees fit to become an intruder.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts